axeomatic and windows 8 FYI

Just an FYI, as I use aomDSP to do everything related to .syx files for my libraries. If you HAD to have it for one reason or another (the IR Mixing section is huge for the tweaker types) you can just install a base Win 7 virtual machine, refuse to update it, and run it from there. My DAW is Win 7 x64, and since it's not connected to the internet and isn't having any issues with stability or functionality I haven't updated it since middle of last year, so I haven't installed whatever update(s) that came around in early winter that broke compatibility.

It is possible to use it, just maybe not directly for some. Food for thought, hope this helps. :)

Last edited:
In all fairness, I built the computer I'm currently using in 2000- so it's 13 years old now. I spent all my computer money on my Axe II! I imagine there could be lots of reasons it didn't work for me.

Just an FYI, as I use aomDSP to do everything related to .syx files for my libraries. If you HAD to have it for one reason or another (the IR Mixing section is huge for the tweaker types) you can just install a base Win 7 virtual machine, refuse to update it, and run it from there. My DAW is Win 7 x64, and since it's not connected to the internet and isn't having any issues with stability or functionality I haven't updated it since middle of last year, so I haven't installed whatever update(s) that came around in early winter that broke compatibility.

It is possible to use it, just maybe not directly for some. Food for thought, hope this helps. :)

funny thing is that even when it was working for me in 7, it wouldn't connect to the Axe-fx and took forever to start up, now in 8 it starts up fast and connects.

Back
Top Bottom