AxeLive Update

I'm fiddling around with this (previewing it). So It won't create patches or edit patches beyond changing adjustments within the blocks themselves?

In other words, we need to create the patches in AxeEdit and use AxeLive for live adjustments on the fly?

thanks!

I'm fiddling around with this (previewing it). So It won't create patches or edit patches beyond changing adjustments within the blocks themselves?

In other words, we need to create the patches in AxeEdit and use AxeLive for live adjustments on the fly?

thanks!
With the recent 2.0 update, you can now add and remove blocks just like you can in axe edit. In fact, you don't really need to use axe edit now once you get the hang of this. You have to double click the grid to get the edit menu to pop up.

I think you only need to use axe edit mostly for loading user IR's and a few other minor things.

Ok. Thx.

I've double clicked the window and see the editing mode.

Now I'm not seeing a way to drag blocks to rearrange them. Also, adding shunts must be done one at a time? And I don't see how to connect each block with a shunt...

Last edited:
I'm currently working on updating the Set List, it's taken a bit longer because i've been working on another project, you will have the option to add "Cues" per song on the set list and you'll have the option to assign midi commands to trigger next/prev cues/songs
That's certainly a nice feature.
But I was thinking about sending midi commands to the Axe Fx when selecting a preset (CC's)

Just want to chime in and say that I love AxeLive. I use it when I’m just messing around and don’t need the full Axe Edit capabilities. I like having the amp graphics and the overall usability of AxeLive is just great. Please, everyone who uses it, donate to keep development going. It is amazing that this app is free.

I just did a run-through of the ~25 presets (one per song), I am gonna use at tomorrows gig, checking that the levels are balanced and updating tones that I can get better, and doing a bit of footswitch cleanup.

I used AxeLive for the whole thing. It is a pleasure to work with.

Two minor wishes:
1) You can now double click any parameter and write the value directly - except the amp block level - which is a slider (it's probably possible to set it, if you exit realistic mode and dig in, but I don't want to do that) - I wish to be able to write the amp block level directly.

2) I don't think I will get really comfortable with the way the knobs work, when you operate them with a mouse. I would much prefer the AX8edit (or any DAW) standard action, i.e. you grab the knob by clicking anywhere on the knob, and when you move the mouse up or down, the knob value will adjust accordingly.

I just did a run-through of the ~25 presets (one per song), I am gonna use at tomorrows gig, checking that the levels are balanced and updating tones that I can get better, and doing a bit of footswitch cleanup.

I used AxeLive for the whole thing. It is a pleasure to work with.

Two minor wishes:
1) You can now double click any parameter and write the value directly - except the amp block level - which is a slider (it's probably possible to set it, if you exit realistic mode and dig in, but I don't want to do that) - I wish to be able to write the amp block level directly.

2) I don't think I will get really comfortable with the way the knobs work, when you operate them with a mouse. I would much prefer the AX8edit (or any DAW) standard action, i.e. you grab the knob by clicking anywhere on the knob, and when you move the mouse up or down, the knob value will adjust accordingly.

Thank you for the feedback!

#1 I've tried to make this work but unfortunately the Amp Level behaves differently than any other parameter and i haven't been able to figure out how to get it to work, this only applies to writing the value, if i can ever figure this out i will gladly add it.

#2 this is something that i want to change as well, I'll start working on changing the feel of knobs

I really like this app and I mainly use it to manage song list during the show and program change according to the song you choose on the list.
I think this feature should be improved..
For instance i’d Like to have more then 24 songs on the list.
Then i’d Like a better system to manage list.. now if you need to insert a song you have to edit again all the list.. would be great to have the ability to insert a song and to move songs up and down in the list..
Thanks!

I really like this app and I mainly use it to manage song list during the show and program change according to the song you choose on the list.
I think this feature should be improved..
For instance i’d Like to have more then 24 songs on the list.
Then i’d Like a better system to manage list.. now if you need to insert a song you have to edit again all the list.. would be great to have the ability to insert a song and to move songs up and down in the list..
Thanks!

The new version has a brand new set list that already adds all these capability and no more song limit per set

Version 2.0.10 is now available with Quantum 9.01 support
I've downloaded v2.0.10 from the link for AxeLive but when I install in APPs folder it still shows 2.0.00. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for all the work!!!
Rich

Great work

I will probably stay on FW8.02 until after New Years (too many gigs and presets, too little time), but THEN I will look forward to updating AxeLive too :)

Back
Top Bottom