AxeLive Update

I have a couple questions about upgrading on Windows.

- Where are the user files stored, such as settings, set lists, etc? I would like to back them up, not just for the upgrade but on a regular basis.

- Since it's not actually "installed" on Windows, I'm guessing that "remove the previous version from your computer" essentially means delete the previous folder; and then drag the new folder in where the old one was. Is that it? And, related to the first question, does this overwrite previous settings?

Thanks! I've only had the previous version for about a week. I checked out all the features and made a set list; and so far, this looks like it's going to be a helpful tool.

I think I may have found the data folder: AppData\Roaming\AxFxView
So now I'm additionally wondering if that folder needs to be renamed Axelive?

I think I may have found the data folder: AppData\Roaming\AxFxView
So now I'm additionally wondering if that folder needs to be renamed Axelive?

Yes thats where they are stored, And yes just remove the previous folder.

You can export set lists under set lists settings and import it again, also you can export many other things under advanced settings

I would recommend you export your set list and then remove the axfxview folder in your appdata folder instal the new version and import your set list.

Ill add a feature to back everything up as well.

Capture.PNG Capture.PNG

Great App. Have in installed on my Windows 10 desktop and it runs like a charm.

But on my 13" Dell 2in1, also running Windows 10, the UI does not scale to the screen size when in portrait mode and will not scroll horizontally to allow me to access the controls that are not visible. In landscape mode, the full horizontal width of the app is displayed and there is vertical scolling to see the parts of the UI that aren't visible.

Portrait mode would be desirable since I have other programs e.g. Reaper, Song Repertoire that I run in Portrait mode and it would be nice not to have to change the laptops orientation when moving from program to program.

Is this a problem with my setup or expected behavior for the current state of the program.

Thanks ...

Last edited:
View attachment 39585 View attachment 39585

Great App. Have in installed on my Windows 10 desktop and it runs like a charm.

But on my 13" Dell 2in1, also running Windows 10, the UI does not scale to the screen size when in portrait mode and will not scroll horizontally to allow me to access the controls that are not visible. In landscape mode, the full horizontal width of the app is displayed and there is vertical scolling to see the parts of the UI that aren't visible.

Portrait mode would be desirable since I have other programs e.g. Reaper, Song Repertoire that I run in Portrait mode and it would be nice not to have to change the laptops orientation when moving from program to program.

Is this a problem with my setup or expected behavior for the current state of the program.

Thanks ...

The app can only run on landscape, there's no way to change that without rewriting the entire app.

I exported my set list; and installed the new version. Before I could import the set list into the new version, I had to change the extension name on the saved file. Other than that, it worked fine. Thanks!

A new version of AxeLive is now available for download, Includes Grid & Modifiers Editing along with many more features, The first post on this thread for more info

Very cool

Now, we're nitpicking, but will it ever be possible to update directly from within the program. I do find the update/installation process a little cumbersome. It is only the slightest bit annoying because, you make frequent updates (which I love).

Thanks, this is a great app.
I use it live in Setlist mode.
I would suggest to include a setup for scrolling list up and down with a single button like setlist manager in onsong.
Now you have to scroll down and press enter and if you use a pedal to scroll the list this is not very easy to do...
Would be better to add the opportunity to scroll with arrow down and up with a single key.
Thanks in advance!

Back
Top Bottom