AxeLive for AX8 and Axe FX II Now Available!

Version 1.1.04 is now available with options to edit more blocks thru the Graphical UI (not all block are or will be included but servers the purpose of being able to edit toerh blocks without leaving AxView)

https://www.roxxxtar.com/axview

View attachment 39064

This has been a game changer for me, second time owning an AX8 and finally finding the workflow more suited to my needs thanks to AXVIEW, thank you for all the work that you have put in to this ! AXVIEW plus AX8 is the perfect combination :)

Thanks for this software! This will help quickly dial in tones rather than getting a little overwhelmed with choices.

Question: can you change block types, name and save patches in your software? Nothing is jumping out as obvious to do this and I wasn't sure if it was supported or not.

Thanks for this software! This will help quickly dial in tones rather than getting a little overwhelmed with choices.

Question: can you change block types, name and save patches in your software? Nothing is jumping out as obvious to do this and I wasn't sure if it was supported or not.

The option to save is coded in but not on the released versions because I want AxView to be a viewer not an actual editor, you can always save on the hardware itself for now, later on i can make it available.

You can only change the effect type of blocks once you select one, there won't be an option to add a block or routing tho because the app is not meant for that.

I love this app, but I really wish you were able to type in a certain number for controls like amp level and cab low cut and stuff. Also, is there a reason whey the amp model names are always grayed out? Fracpad also uses the real names but they are not grayed out on there.

I'm a fan of the "Simple Amp Controls" - it kinda brings me back to center. Today I was messing with a JTM45 and what the knobs do at different Master Volume settings. It was great fun.

I love this app, but I really wish you were able to type in a certain number for controls like amp level and cab low cut and stuff. Also, is there a reason whey the amp model names are always grayed out? Fracpad also uses the real names but they are not grayed out on there.
Thanks, unfortunately typing in the parameter value requires some magic i havent figured out yet.

I thought the dropdowns having gray text was fixed, its an issue with windows 10 for what i see but ill check again and see if i can fix it.

Last edited:
I'm using a Mac and didn't see any issues with grey drop down lists. One thing I did see was after loading some new user cabs, the cab listing got messed up. Restarting the software helped, but then it went haywire again and dropped the factory cabs. Then I tried to refresh the cab listing and it had mixed user with factory cabs along with some dummy cabs.

Otherwise, it's really fun software. I didn't see the point at first but it is much quicker to dial in a good tone when you have limited options, especially not having to keep track of which knobs are in the original model. Not to make your software obsolete, but it would be nice if AX8-Edit maybe highlighted the factory knobs and switches.

I'm using a Mac and didn't see any issues with grey drop down lists. One thing I did see was after loading some new user cabs, the cab listing got messed up. Restarting the software helped, but then it went haywire again and dropped the factory cabs. Then I tried to refresh the cab listing and it had mixed user with factory cabs along with some dummy cabs.

Otherwise, it's really fun software. I didn't see the point at first but it is much quicker to dial in a good tone when you have limited options, especially not having to keep track of which knobs are in the original model. Not to make your software obsolete, but it would be nice if AX8-Edit maybe highlighted the factory knobs and switches.

When you say "when loading new user cabs" how where you loading them? can you be more specific so i can try and fix it? thanks!

When you say "when loading new user cabs" how where you loading them? can you be more specific so i can try and fix it? thanks!

I loaded them through the AX8-Edit software, dragging and dropping. I didn't restart the AX8 but did restart AX View. Thanks!

I loaded them through the AX8-Edit software, dragging and dropping. I didn't restart the AX8 but did restart AX View. Thanks!
Was AxView open when you did that? AxView is not supposed to run at the same time as the Fractal editor, thats likely what caused it and it can cause many other issues.

Last edited:
Was AxView open when you did that? AxView is not supposed to run at the same time as the Fractal editor, thats likely what caused it and it can cause many other issues.

I did restart everything and had the same issue, but going to the settings and clearing all app settings seems to have fixed everything!

@Nero mate, I saw this today, downloaded and tried it....WOW, what and awesome piece of SW that is!!! I didn't find a way to add/remove blocks. Is this the way it's supposed to work? You said that not all blocks are included (yet?), but the pitch block is but can't be edited. Something you're working on?

Again, great work and thanks fro making it available. BTW, Axe-FX 2 user here iMac.

Thannks! there's no adding/removing blocks and there wont be an option for it because it wasn't designed for it, when i say not all blocks are included i'm referring to the small editing part of the app, some blocks can be edited thru the app but not all block are or will be available for editing.

Thannks! there's no adding/removing blocks and there wont be an option for it because it wasn't designed for it, when i say not all blocks are included i'm referring to the small editing part of the app, some blocks can be edited thru the app but not all block are or will be available for editing.

That clarifies my query, thanks. Hope the pitch block will be editable??? Sooo, what happen if you run AxView and Axe Edit at the same time? Is my Mac going to explode?

That clarifies my query, thanks. Hope the pitch block will be editable??? Sooo, what happen if you run AxView and Axe Edit at the same time? Is my Mac going to explode?
should be explosion free but they midi buffer may overflow if you use both causing missing messages or loops. You should disconnect AxFxView first and then use Axe Edit, the original version of AxView would disconnect whenever Axe Edit was running so i may add a that again as an option.

should be explosion free but they midi buffer may overflow if you use both causing missing messages or loops. You should disconnect AxFxView first and then use Axe Edit, the original version of AxView would disconnect whenever Axe Edit was running so i may add a that again as an option.

Cheers, will keep that in mind.

Back
Top Bottom