Axeline Line 6 FBV converter?

FireInside

Inspired
Hope this is the right spot for this...

Anyone know anything about these? Seems like there hasn't been an update for 2 years. I have an FBV long board and a short board so this would be perfect for me. I would kill for something that makes these boards compatible with my Axe.

Hope this is the right spot for this...

Anyone know anything about these? Seems like there hasn't been an update for 2 years. I have an FBV long board and a short board so this would be perfect for me. I would kill for something that makes these boards compatible with my Axe.

Me too. I've got TWO longboards, and it has been aggrivating me for years that no one produced these. There are (from what I can tell) at least 2 projects with that same idea, and they're both dead. You can find the source code and lots of good info for the other project.

I've decided to build my own, with an arduino. It may take me years. I'd love to get a community project here going with it. The guys who do the ipad editor and those who built their own controllers, would be a great resource if they'd participate. Fractal mentioned that they are releasing the MIDI spec also.

I have posted a few times about this product and always end up frustrated like you guys. If someone learns something new please update the community.

Glad to see there are others that are in the same page as me. It seems like a no brainer to have something that makes the Line 6 boards compatible. Most of us probably came from Line 6 before going Axe. I sent some PM's out to a few forum members last night who either owned an Adeline or appeared to be involved with the project.

I have received one response so far informing me the Adeline has been discontinued and the project was scrapped. Terrible news. I wasn't even aware they were ever sold. I sincerely hope someone creates an adapter that functions well with the Line 6 boards ....I would buy one in a heart beat.

Good luck with building your own Squealie. Really hope it works for you. Maybe if you perfect it you can sell me one! :) I would try but I am retarded when it comes to stuff like this.

Me too. I've got TWO longboards, and it has been aggrivating me for years that no one produced these. There are (from what I can tell) at least 2 projects with that same idea, and they're both dead. You can find the source code and lots of good info for the other project.

I've decided to build my own, with an arduino. It may take me years. I'd love to get a community project here going with it. The guys who do the ipad editor and those who built their own controllers, would be a great resource if they'd participate. Fractal mentioned that they are releasing the MIDI spec also.
I've recently updated the AxeII Wiki to add descriptions of the important AxeII SYSEX messages. Happy to help with the project, but it would be a passive role as I do not own a Line6 floor controller.

Now that Cliff has said he will be posting the AxeII SysEx format for 3rd party tools the Axe side should be pretty easy. The trick to me has been figuring out what the Line6 side communication looks like. The little I have been able to find online suggests that is a SysEx-like protocol. I have toyed with the idea of buying a used Spider amp or old Pod and interrogating the messages between the two. That all sounded like hard work though and was hoping someone has already done that....

I think if we knew both protocols we could put our heads together to come up some kind of box. I really like my Shortboard MkII, but it isn't the greatest solution as-is (see some of my prior posts about the Shortboard for more details of what I am doing).

In the meantime, I'll keep saving for an MFC :)

Glad to see there are others that are in the same page as me. It seems like a no brainer to have something that makes the Line 6 boards compatible. Most of us probably came from Line 6 before going Axe. I sent some PM's out to a few forum members last night who either owned an Adeline or appeared to be involved with the project.

I have received one response so far informing me the Adeline has been discontinued and the project was scrapped. Terrible news. I wasn't even aware they were ever sold. I sincerely hope someone creates an adapter that functions well with the Line 6 boards ....I would buy one in a heart beat.

Good luck with building your own Squealie. Really hope it works for you. Maybe if you perfect it you can sell me one! :) I would try but I am retarded when it comes to stuff like this.

I translated one Dutch forum page :) and it indicated that the guy who did this: AxeFX control via Line6 FBV without any POD or so - YouTube said there was just no demand. I've kinda gotten obsessed with trying this in the last few weeks...

I've recently updated the AxeII Wiki to add descriptions of the important AxeII SYSEX messages. Happy to help with the project, but it would be a passive role as I do not own a Line6 floor controller.

Awewsome! One of the biggest scare-points for me was trying to 'sniff and decipher' the AxeII sysex. Great work!

Now that Cliff has said he will be posting the AxeII SysEx format for 3rd party tools the Axe side should be pretty easy. The trick to me has been figuring out what the Line6 side communication looks like. The little I have been able to find online suggests that is a SysEx-like protocol. I have toyed with the idea of buying a used Spider amp or old Pod and interrogating the messages between the two. That all sounded like hard work though and was hoping someone has already done that....

I think if we knew both protocols we could put our heads together to come up some kind of box. I really like my Shortboard MkII, but it isn't the greatest solution as-is (see some of my prior posts about the Shortboard for more details of what I am doing).

In the meantime, I'll keep saving for an MFC :)

I'm on the list for an MFC...waiting is hard. But I keep staring at my FBV(s) and thinking that having a 'dumb button box' like that is really a great solution..especially with scenes/xy ... I've also got an Ultra..so I'm thinking Block-bypass like the vid above. But you can make it programmable from the SW. This will be my very first project with hardware dev...and I'm completely noob. But I keep reading about digital signal, UART, arduino, and all the shields available, I think its absolutely do-able. The VLO-tech guy did a lot of the heavy lifting, and made it available. check out the spreadsheet with the pinouts, and the message bytes from the FBV here : https://github.com/vlotech/FBV-tools/tree/master/MIOS32_FBV/fbv

No demand?!? I find that VERY hard to believe. Most of us are Line 6 converts... I would be shocked if these wouldn't sell.

Heck..they dont even make the fbv anymore. Yeah..I thought there were gonna be thousands of us in line for the thing too

Longboards just lack maneuverability. If you really want to carve up the wave you need to go short board. Oh wait... never mind :eek:ops

Update: I've successfully connected a rs485 reciever to the FBV-to-Vetta conn. And am using Arduino to spit out the bytes from the FBV. I'm getting the same hex as the VloTech guy..so I'm on the right track.

Update: I've successfully connected a rs485 reciever to the FBV-to-Vetta conn. And am using Arduino to spit out the bytes from the FBV. I'm getting the same hex as the VloTech guy..so I'm on the right track.

That's wonderful progression!
Would you please share how you provide power to the FBV? Via ethernet and/or external power supply?

It's powered on 4 of the RJ45 conductors. But only needs 2. A 9v power supply on pins 1(gnd) and 2 (9v) will do it. Translating the Line6 Bytes (on rs422) to MIDI and back is the pain part.

It's powered on 4 of the RJ45 conductors. But only needs 2. A 9v power supply on pins 1(gnd) and 2 (9v) will do it. Translating the Line6 Bytes (on rs422) to MIDI and back is the pain part.

Did you ever get this finished? Can you make what you have available? Thanks.

Har, I've got a hacked-together FBV to Axe3 thing finally going with an arduino mega. if any of you guys are still interested I'm happy to share.

Back
Top Bottom