AXEII no longer connecting osx 10.8.2

I haven't previously had any issues with the usb drivers, and had been using the most recent (July 12) driver with mountain lion without any problems. Last week I had to wipe my mac and reinstall mountain lion fresh and after installing the usb drivers I was now able to see the Axe as a single device (previously it had always been two separate input/output devices). Now for some reason, I can no longer see the Axe within my midi settings. It does show up under system information as "Vendor Specific Device" but I can't use it as an input/output device and although I haven't tried installing Axe Edit since the OS reinstall, I'm assuming I won't be able to see it under there either.

I've tried removing all traces of the USB driver including from the library/app support directory and reinstalling the usb driver. I've tried rebooting and doing it. I've tried reinstalling the driver with the Axe off or with the Axe turned on. Nothing is getting it to recognize the specific AxeII device, just the previously mentioned vendor specific device. I've even tried changing usb cables and ports to no avail.

Any suggestions?

Soemtimes this happens to me and my only fix is to reinstall the driver. So i keep the file on hand at all times. Usually after installation,I restart Axe Edit and itll show up.

I haven't tried re-installing Axe Edit because all of the recent cautions and suggestions to wait for the rebuilt version of AE coming in the future. Maybe I'll try that and see if it jars something loose, but since my system is not recognizing the Axe after multiple re-installs of the driver I'm not sure what installing AE would change, but I'll give it a try tonight and see what happens.

I also have a problem with my USB driver with ML 10.8.2 (fresh install) in Logic pro 9.1.7. Im able to see my Axe device in audio preferences, but I often have a dirty, noisy and crackled sound which comes out of my monitors. Logic sometimes also ejects out Axe audio driver.

Sound usually works fine for some minutes without any problem, but suddenly it goes dirty again. Sometimes also comes to a sound disordering while switching presets or different amps in presets during playback. It also works better if I increase the I/O buffer to the value of 256 but at this point latency becomes a problem.

I can run my Axe USB driver with I/O buffer set to 32 on my Snow leopard 10.6.8 and Lion 10.7.5 without any problems.

For all the "reinstall the driver" suggestions, I stated I had done that several times under multiple scenarios without improvement. I haven't tried installing AxeEdit yet, and I'm doubtful that will help, but I'm willing to try anything so I'll give that a try tonight and see what happens.

I didn't open Logic to see if it would show up there as my past experience has been that if the Audio/Midi settings can't see the device, then no software will be able to see it either.

I'm not sure why this happened as it was working fine after my initial fresh install of ML last week and then it suddenly wasn't visible anymore and I hadn't made any additional changes to the software or system. I'm on FW 8.0 and I hadn't updated it yet because I wanted to just wait until AE was fixed as well as the updated FW forthcoming. I'm almost ready to hook it up to my Win 7 machine to update the FW and see if that will make a difference with the Mac.

For all the "reinstall the driver" suggestions, I stated I had done that several times under multiple scenarios without improvement. I haven't tried installing AxeEdit yet, and I'm doubtful that will help, but I'm willing to try anything so I'll give that a try tonight and see what happens.

No this does not solve a problem. Im running axe driver on Lion without Axe edit installed.

Gotta love it. I connected the AxeII to my Win 7 PC and it was recognized. I installed the windows drivers and then Axe Edit and updated the firmware from 8.0 to 8.01a and after re-connecting it to my Mac, it's now recognized although as two separate units (Input/Output) like it was previously. Now I'm tempted to load AE, but I'm afraid I'll regret it. I might just wait.

Gotta love it. I connected the AxeII to my Win 7 PC and it was recognized. I installed the windows drivers and then Axe Edit and updated the firmware from 8.0 to 8.01a and after re-connecting it to my Mac, it's now recognized although as two separate units (Input/Output) like it was previously. Now I'm tempted to load AE, but I'm afraid I'll regret it. I might just wait.

Just how many times does it have to be repeated that Axe Edit is no longer a reliable tool?

I know the warnings, but I have been successful with moving things around graphically and then saving everything on the front panel. When nothing else worked, I had to resort to using it and its working well so far. I only really use it when I want to quickly change layout or change the name of a preset, but I've grown accustomed to the front panel.

Back to square one. Axe is no longer being recognized by my Mac. I haven't changed anything important since it was last working. I had been copying some files between an external hard drive and my c drive, but no new programs, drivers, etc.

Mountain Lion won't boot My Axe II diver correctly. Im able to run it only if I connect my axe usb cable to Lion and then connect without turn of my axe to Mountain Lion system. At this point my Logic Pro is working fine without disturbing sound.

I gave up on my iMac and have just hooked up my old MacBook Pro 2008 series running Lion to update firmware, load patches, etc. Fortunately I have a presonus mixer to use as my soundcard if I want to record to Logic.

Back
Top Bottom