AxeII Effects Only HELP!!!!

judedyllan4

Hi,

I'm trying to incorporate my AxeII into my live rig, and wanting to use it as an effects processor only through my effects loop. The issue I'm having is this-

I've got everything hooked up right, I get sound no issue. I start dialing delays/reverb etc. and it works as it should and I'm doing all the editing via software/laptop. I'm able to save the preset for example to bank 001, and its great. But I'm needing it to save on the delay,reverb,overdrive etc patches so I can kick the effects on and off as I please (as if I were using pedals), but I'm not able to do that or cant figure out how. That's where I'm needing help. As I mentioned, I can save the preset to "001" but cant figure out how to assign them to the delay or reverb patches.

On a side note- I'm not using any amp modeling, strictly effects.

Hope you can help, and thanks in advance!

Presets and scenes store either an on or off state for all the blocks at once. Use MIDI CC messages from a MIDI controller or MFC101 to turn the blocks on and off as needed. MIDI Page of the I/O menu shows the CC# assignments for all the blocks and functions. The user manual has a chart of all the default CC# assignments too.

thanks for the reply!

Okay... I can build my preset exactly how I want it with the effects... For example~ Short delay on a patch.. long delay on another... But for some reason they only save to "001" and with that, I cant turn anything off or on.. nor does the tap tempo work.. I'm usually tech savvy, but this one got me!

Thanks

But I'm needing it to save on the delay,reverb,overdrive etc patches so I can kick the effects on and off as I please (as if I were using pedals), but I'm not able to do that or cant figure out how. That's where I'm needing help. As I mentioned, I can save the preset to "001" but cant figure out how to assign them to the delay or reverb patches.

You've used the words "bank," "preset," and "patch" and I'm not sure if you mean the same or different things with each one.

What do you mean "save to preset 001, but can't assign them to delay patches?" What is a delay patch and how is it different from Preset 001?

What other gear are you using? How are you trying to turn on delay, reverb (if that's what you are asking).

If you can be a bit more clear on your question, I think we can help more.

Chris thanks for your help... Let me try asking a "how to" maybe it will be easier, cause the way Im explaining probably doesn't make much since.

I'm running a mesa lonestar head through a 2x12 cab. Im wanting to run the fractal as a stand alone and use the effects only, such as delays and reverbs. I know how to set it up via the effects loop, but how or where do I save effect settings that I create so they can be kicked on or off as if I were using pedals.

I know how to set it up via the effects loop, but how or where do I save effect settings that I create so they can be kicked on or off as if I were using pedals.

Hmm I'm still not understanding the question.

I'm going to get on my twitch.tv channel in a few minutes. Maybe we can discuss it there. You may have to create an account or login with Facebook.

http://twitch.tv/axefxtutorials

If you are using Axe Edit software, go into the top row menu, and under "Preset" choose "Save to new preset", then select the preset number you want to save it to. If you not using axe edit, I believe you may have to start with a blank preset, so first turn the knob to preset 002, or whatever then start building it there. I don't use the front panel much so I'm not sure, but I don't think there is a "save to new preset" option on the panel.

If you are using Axe Edit software, go into the top row menu, and under "Preset" choose "Save to new preset", then select the preset number you want to save it to. If you not using axe edit, I believe you may have to start with a blank preset, so first turn the knob to preset 002, or whatever then start building it there. I don't use the front panel much so I'm not sure, but I don't think there is a "save to new preset" option on the panel.

I believe once you hit the store button you then can change to what ever preset you want to write over and then hit enter.

judedyllan4 and i just hung out at my Twitch channel for a bit and figured a bunch of things out. first off, his Axe II is on FW 13.07 and MFC on 3.02. that shouldn't be an issue at all, as i believe those worked together no problem.

his preset only had Delay and Reverb it in, so switches 14 and 15 should have controlled those by default. they didn't. so we went into the MFC IA assignment menu, and wow a ton of things were really weird. it definitely wasn't default at all.

since he didn't change any settings on the MFC, we decided to do a factory reset. did that, checked the IA assignments, and they were now correct.

so now Switch 14 was controlling the Delay, but Switch 15 wasn't controlling the Reverb. we checked the preset, and it was using Reverb Block 2 - the switch is set to Reverb block 1 by default, so that explains that. we changed it to Reverb block 1 and the switch then started working. (we had to save the preset, then change to a different preset and then back so the MFC would "learn" what's been added to the preset).

so now the basics worked no problem. we also moved a few things around. he'd never use Pitch, so we changed switch 12 to Delay 1, 13 to Delay 2, and 14 to Multidelay - this makes more sense conceptually, vs just adding Delay 2 to a random switch.

now about the bank vs preset vs patch thing. at the time, we didn't know that the Display offset was ON on the Axe, yet OFF on the MFC. so when he hit Switch 2 on the MFC, the Axe said 001. this led to the confusion about banks vs presets. once we turned the offset ON for the MFC, it all made sense - switch 1 is now preset 1, switch 2 is preset 2, etc. i didn't fully get to explain what a "bank" actually is - basically a "section" of the preset selection.

so now everything seems to be working great.

here is a video showing just how to change the MFC switch functions:

and here is the long video i referred to that describes scenes, xy and presets:

Back
Top Bottom