AxeFXSend : A tiny tool for auditioning IRs or presets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Opening II IRs on a XL should work (please tell me if it does or not) No
Sending II presets to XL may work (please tell me what happens) error sending file it is made for the axe 2
The scratch pad remains empty ( cab 1 )
I cant get any .syx, Ir, presets to work.
Let me know if there is any thing I can do to help. Skype, Voice chat ( I have a teamspeak 3 server )

:(
XL IRs open nicely on a II now but i don't understand why the inverse does not work :(
I'm gonna investigate and will release a fix.
For the presets, it's normal if it doesn't work.
Thanks for the help ;)

Opening II IRs on a XL should work (please tell me if it does or not) No
Sending II presets to XL may work (please tell me what happens) error sending file it is made for the axe 2
The scratch pad remains empty ( cab 1 )
I cant get any .syx, Ir, presets to work.
Let me know if there is any thing I can do to help. Skype, Voice chat ( I have a teamspeak 3 server )
When sending XL IRs to your XL, does it work ? I mean, does it select the scratchpad automatically ?

mac mac mac mac mac... ; )
A Mac version was made by a friend, and is available at download, but does not handle XL at all...
However, i deeply recommend installing a windows OS with bootcamp on your Mac, it's such a better OS ;) (trolling inside)

Hi Al ,

really great tool !! Many thanks for your contribution to this community :)

One question , I was testing this tool for the very first time right now and I tried to send one Ir , fine , managing a folder , superbe ! .. then I tried to mark some irs from a folder to see how this great tool works when it's time to save preferred Ir in a new folder and only as text ... maybe is a dumb question but when I shut off the tool a new pop up starts as expected to save a copy of this marked irs in a folder of my choice .
I don't see an option of saving only as text ... Am I wrong ?? maybe it's only a matter o0f manually coping text from the file list ??

However , great great tool , donation it's on the way

Hi Al ,

really great tool !! Many thanks for your contribution to this community :)

One question , I was testing this tool for the very first time right now and I tried to send one Ir , fine , managing a folder , superbe ! .. then I tried to mark some irs from a folder to see how this great tool works when it's time to save preferred Ir in a new folder and only as text ... maybe is a dumb question but when I shut off the tool a new pop up starts as expected to save a copy of this marked irs in a folder of my choice .
I don't see an option of saving only as text ... Am I wrong ?? maybe it's only a matter o0f manually coping text from the file list ??

However , great great tool , donation it's on the way
Thanks ;)
I'm not sure to understand correctly but i think you need to click on "Copy files to this folder" when exiting AxeFXSend.
The windows that is display upon exit, is the list of prefered IRs/presets you selected earlier. It's displayed as text but it can also copy the files to the folder of your choice.

Thanks a lot guys :)

I've just uploaded a 0.9.4 version : I hope it will finally allow XL users to send XL IRs and II IRs.
Here is what XL users could do to help me :
- Launch AxeFXSend 0.9.4
- Drag & drop a XL IR on its window then go on your AxeFX, in the Cab block and see if the scratchpad slot is selected (if your preset has a CAB1 block only).
- If the scratchpad is not selected and you have some time to give me to help, PM me, i'll send you a little file that will try to figure how to select the scratchpad on the XL (if someone at FAS would like to help me on this i'd be very happy too...)
- If the scrathpad is not selected, select it, then verify the IR you tried to send is present in the scrathpad.
- Send me the results ;)

- If it worked (at least the scrathpad was filled with the IR), try the same with an IR in AxeFX II format ;)

If a XL user has some time and Snoise/MIDI-OX knowledge here is what he can do to help me : Launch AxeEdit, select the CAB1 block, start Sniffing the MIDI out stream with Snoize/MIDIOX, select the scratchpad in AxeEdit, tell me what MIDI data was transfered ;)

Here is the latest version : http://axefx.fr/AxeFXArchive/Tools/AxeFXSend.exe

Last edited:
All I need now is a right-click in file explorer -> Send to Slot YYY :)
Done ! :)

AxeFXSend 0.9.5 has been uploaded :
- It adds 2 entries in the Windows Shell's context menu "Send To..." : AxeFX scratchpad and AxeFX slot. You choose the user slot the IR has to be sent. The Cab1 block in your actual preset in your AxeFX is set to point to this slot but not saved.
- Sending IRs to XL should set correctly the CAB1 block to the scratchpad or requested slot.
- The IRs sent to a XL should be stored to the correct location, but i could not test, please let me know what happens ;)

Call to XL owners ! :)
AxeFXSend 0.9.6 has been uploaded : Now i know the Correct slot is automatically selected for IRs, can you try this :
Send a XL IR in the scratchpad and in a user slot and try to see on the frontpanel only (no AxeEdit running) if the IR has been saved in your scrathpad/slot, or maybe in a neighbour slot ?

I tried to reply to your message but your inbox is full. I won't be near my XL til Saturday, but will give it a shot when I hook it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom