Axefxlll on eBay for $$$

boardwlk17

Power User
For a whopping $6122.55 you can get 5% off right now so it's only $5816.52
I don't understand the gear in Japan selling for more than double

Last time I was in Japan, I paid $4 for an apple! Everything is expensive in Japan, why I don't know but it is what it is. I'm grateful I don't live there.....great place to visit though....oh the food!

Speaking of Japan, I’ve been wanting to get this off my chest for awhile, but it seems like there is a huge investment being made in American guitars, and now electronic equipment. 75% of on-line sales on eBay and Reveb are showing shipping from Japan, and you guessed it....for an additional $2-3 k. They are only dealing with top brand custom shop, etc . I guess they are making huge orders at the factory level and nearly doubling the price. Identical equipment sold from USA is much less, but harder to find. Scary.

Speaking of Japan, I’ve been wanting to get this off my chest for awhile, but it seems like there is a huge investment being made in American guitars, and now electronic equipment. 75% of on-line sales on eBay and Reveb are showing shipping from Japan, and you guessed it....for an additional $2-3 k. They are only dealing with top brand custom shop, etc . I guess they are making huge orders at the factory level and nearly doubling the price. Identical equipment sold from USA is much less, but harder to find. Scary.
What if you dont like it and want to get a refund. Or if it is defective. Cant be cheap to return it.

In Japan you can buy the $4 apple or the $6, or $10 apples. They are freaking amazing.

Had two bites of pear at the end of a $700/person meal in Kyoto back in the mid 1990s. Best pear I ever tasted.

I could go on, but the point is that with limited productive lands, a lot of labor can go into raising food/fruits. You pay for quality that far outstripped what we get here in the US, where labor is high and land is cheap.

Many of these JP ‘sellers’ don’thave The item at all. If someone wins the item that they are selling, the auctioneer will then buy the item and resell it as a huge markup.

75% of listings are shipping from Japan? I have not noticed this to be the case in the US. I spend a lot of time browsing Reverb. I see the occasional listing from Japan but not even close to being the majority of listings.

I'm buying 4 of them, then taking a vacation to Japan for 1 week.... it will pay for the trip.
1 of them will go towards air fair, 1 for hotel, 1 for dinner and entertainment, and 1 for that Japanese girl Mee Chew.

Back
Top Bottom