AxeFxCabList : A new tool listing Cabs used in your presets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Al, thanks for your efforts, but I can't seem to get it working. I've shutdown Axe Edit, but it repeatedly gets to the mid 20 percent range then crashes. This is a Win 7 laptop, running your latest version. Any troubleshooting tips? Thanks.
Do you have the latest version ?
If yes, does it crash when polling for cabs or for cab names or for preset names ?
If it's during last polling, it's probably a bad preset causing that, so it stops on a perticular preset, could you send me this preset please ?

Last edited:
Sincere thanks, Al, this tool is absolutely essential and will now be an integral part of my processes.

I may have found a bug (sorry if already reported, I may not have read all posts): factory cab 1 (1x6 oval) is shown as being used by all my presets, in addition to the cab (or two cabs) that the preset really uses. This is shown both in the cab>preset and preset>cab view.

Otherwise, flawless and incredibly useful.

If ever you feel so inclined, perhaps you could use this as a basis for another tool that I have been wishing for since the early days of the Ultra: the ability to search for all presets that use a certain effect block. The rationale is as follows: if Cliff announces in the release notes of a new firmware version that block X now has new parameter Y and needs to be adjusted, wouldn't it be wonderful to run that tool, find all your presets that use this block X, and go ahead with the adjustments? Without this AxeFxEffectList tool (hypothetical, you haven't written it yet), we have to scroll through all our presets, one at a time, go to Layout, scroll through the entire matrix' width and visually look for block X. Example: in V18, Cliff completely revised the rotary block, and indicated in the release notes that users needed to reset the block in any existing presets. Solution: run AxeFxEffectList (still hypothetical, you haven't finished coding it yet ;) ) and look for all presets that use the rotary block, then visit them to reset the block.

Sincere thanks, Al, this tool is absolutely essential and will now be an integral part of my processes.

I may have found a bug (sorry if already reported, I may not have read all posts): factory cab 1 (1x6 oval) is shown as being used by all my presets, in addition to the cab (or two cabs) that the preset really uses. This is shown both in the cab>preset and preset>cab view.

Otherwise, flawless and incredibly useful.

If ever you feel so inclined, perhaps you could use this as a basis for another tool that I have been wishing for since the early days of the Ultra: the ability to search for all presets that use a certain effect block. The rationale is as follows: if Cliff announces in the release notes of a new firmware version that block X now has new parameter Y and needs to be adjusted, wouldn't it be wonderful to run that tool, find all your presets that use this block X, and go ahead with the adjustments? Without this AxeFxEffectList tool (hypothetical, you haven't written it yet), we have to scroll through all our presets, one at a time, go to Layout, scroll through the entire matrix' width and visually look for block X. Example: in V18, Cliff completely revised the rotary block, and indicated in the release notes that users needed to reset the block in any existing presets. Solution: run AxeFxEffectList (still hypothetical, you haven't finished coding it yet ;) ) and look for all presets that use the rotary block, then visit them to reset the block.

Yes i think it could be useful... I think the best way would be a scriptable software, so users could do what they need

I guess this is not possible but I'll ask anyway:
Would it be possible to make a tool that can change cab number in several presets at once?
When i got the XL+ and moved the presets from Mark I, all the presets with user cabs got the wrong cabs so i had to manually go into each preset and change them one by one. A real pain if you have stereo cabs, Y cab on some scenes and so on.
The reason is of course that the XL had more factory cab slots so the user cabs got offset by 25 or so. Now with Quantum FW that has 20 more factory cabs the offset will be 20 again for the presets i made.
So a tool that could choose presets in a bank and change user cab number by a chosen offset number, for example 20 would be real handy.

Factory cab 1 (1x6 oval) is the default value for the CAB block.
And if you only use X-states, this cab is probably the Y-state of the CAB block and the tool shows this cab, even though you don't use it.

Thats the reason (among others) for my suggestion above. If you have a complex patch with two cab blocks and mixed (mono/stereo) XY-states it's sometimes not easy to understand the output of this tool :)

Do you have the latest version ?
If yes, does it crash when polling for cabs or for cab names or for preset names ?
If it's during last polling, it's probably a bad preset causing that, so it stops on a perticular preset, could you send me this preset please ?

Hi Al, your troubleshooting tips prompted me to look a little further, the problem seems to have been that I had Lemur running (AxeFX for Lemur). At least, when I closed Lemur, the reporting window for AxeFXCablist popped up. I then ran it again, it completed successfully, asked where I wanted to save the output file. Thanks very much!

Hi Al, your troubleshooting tips prompted me to look a little further, the problem seems to have been that I had Lemur running (AxeFX for Lemur). At least, when I closed Lemur, the reporting window for AxeFXCablist popped up. I then ran it again, it completed successfully, asked where I wanted to save the output file. Thanks very much!

I have to close AEdit before running otherwise it will start but remained "paused" until I close AE, then it continues to completion. Cablist can't poll while AE is polling, is my guess. Works great as expected!

I'll see if i can make it run with AE in background...
I have a version that does not crash with AE in background but it looks like the AxeFx does not like to be queried by 2 programs at same time and does not answer queries in such case...
So the version does not freeze but it misses data. So i think it's better to have this freeze in the way it ensures you'll have correct data.
Just don't let AE or another AxeFx related program run in background ! :)

For the F1 Oval problem it's because some Y Cab data in your presets have not been initialized and point by default to F1 cab, so AxeFxCabList behavior is not in cause ;)

Oh and btw, even when not crashing with AE in background, running AxeFxCabList with another program accessing the AxeFx slows down the poll process A LOT !... so avoid it ;)

I have a version that does not crash with AE in background but it looks like the AxeFx does not like to be queried by 2 programs at same time and does not answer queries in such case...
So the version does not freeze but it misses data. So i think it's better to have this freeze in the way it ensures you'll have correct data.
Just don't let AE or another AxeFx related program run in background ! :)

For the F1 Oval problem it's because some Y Cab data in your presets have not been initialized and point by default to F1 cab, so AxeFxCabList behavior is not in cause ;)

Oh and btw, even when not crashing with AE in background, running AxeFxCabList with another program accessing the AxeFx slows down the poll process A LOT !... so avoid it ;)

Thanks for the updates, Alex. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom