Axe-Fx 3 into a Synergy 5050 Power Amp?

RobMFX

I'm considering buying a Synergy 5050 Power Amp to use with my AXEFX3 into a 2x12 cabinet with Veteran30 speakers. It's quite an investment but I can return it if I don't love it. I mainly use my AXEFX3 for direct recording but I figure why not get even more out of it. QUESTION: Has anyone used this exact setup and what are your thoughts? Thanks everyone.

The synergy stuff is incredible and blows a lot of things out of the water. Thats 6L6s in a 1U!!! And half rack 1U spaces for each 2-3 channel preamp!

Fryette designed the 50 50 power amp.

BUY IT! I'll be your enabler! Be sure to post your review here after you get some time on it.

I'm curious too, designed by Fryette and it looks similar to https://www.fryette.com/lxii-stereo-power-amp/.

I searched here for Synergy and found a few old threads, first one from 2017, but I couldn't find any comments here from anyone who has actually used this amp.

synergy-5050_lg3.jpg

I guess it all depends on what you’re after. If you’re used to, and like stereo, with direct recording, you might not be happy with an amp and one cabinet. You might want to get a pair of FRFR powered speakers in that case, or even two of those cabinets you were talking about to go stereo.
I know I would have a hard time settling for mono after playing in stereo for so long.

I don’t mean to necrobump, but has anyone else been using this rig? My current setup is FM3>SYN 5050>stereo 2x12 cabinet.

I run the 5050 with basically everything at noon including presence and depth. I’m wondering how well this setup works with the presence and depth turned off on the 5050 and power amp modeling enabled on the FM3. Or alternatively, bottoming the sag control on different amps within the preset to get the desired sound. I know the obvious answer is just to continue playing with it, but I wanted to know if anyone had more experience with a similar setup that could offer any advice of what they’ve found to work.

The FM3 is my live rig in a cover band, so it’s being used for clean, crunch, heavy rhythm, and lead tones. I find I like the clean tones with power amp modeling enabled (Shiva), disabled on crunch, rhythm, and lead (Archon) thus far.

Back
Top Bottom