AxeFx VIDEO, Midi, Wah, CC's Live presets..

Mark Day

FAS Artist-in-Residence
Fractal Audio Systems
As I prepare to use my AxeFx rig this weekend I have been creating some new presets to use with our sets.

WARNING I talk a lot to explain what I have done...I will release a shorter version with less talk..lol. It's being rendered right now.

There are some spillover, wah, clean and dry patches to listen to.

The recording has some direct, SM57 and Edirol room mixed in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73iSaOShA0s&fmt=22

Mark

LESS TALK DIFFERENT PLAYING :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsuLzFBx9uE&fmt=22

The audio quality isn't as good because the SM57 and direct track didn't record in PT's :)

Mark

Great as always, Mark! But you should have answered the phone. I bet it was Lynch asking for his tone back! :lol: (Totally meant as a compliment. Your tones smokes!) Got me jonesing to get some kind of foot controller so I can do all kinds of cool stuff too. And I don't even play live anymore! I do miss it though..... that's it.....we're putting the band back together!! :lol:

Nice Mark! Great playing and tone as always! I'm hoping to use my Axe Fx live in the future sometime.

PS-Your tone is awesome!

I watched the vid last night, and I'm impressed!

The thing that blew my mind was your lead spillover setup. The patch changing latency has never really bothered me except for when I'm playing a big solo and then have to immediately jump back to rhythm when it's over. It's always a bummer how abrupt that change is for me. I've messed with spillover a little, and it didn't work nearly as well as yours. Now I'm inspired to get it right, because that was just too frickin' cool!

D

Here are my latest patches and I have OUT1 setup for direct with the Cab and poweramp sims. My guitar is STUPID HOT so you may have to increase the gain on the O/D and amp sim. The title of each patch is pretty self explanatory. As always OUT 2 is for the ART SLA2/2x12" guitar cab in stereo...I may have to adjust for two 4x12's.

I have a volume controller connected to the mixer block using cc7. So if you get no sound look there first and just disable the modifier on the mixer block. Cliff would use a Vol/Pan Block instead of the mixer block so I will probably change the mixer block in all the patches to a Vol block instead. In the meantime the mixer block does the trick for the vol pedal assignment :)

http://files.me.com/samhillband/0lmsqv

Mark

xpenno said:
Love it man! Always great vids :)

Which FW version are you on?

Cheers

Spence

As always I'm addicted to firmware upgrades and I'm on the latest :)

Mark

your videos are really cool, it's always fun to watch them!:)

OT: what video device are you using to record the videos!? :mrgreen:

cheers
S.

Soultrash said:
your videos are really cool, it's always fun to watch them!:)

OT: what video device are you using to record the videos!? :mrgreen:

cheers
S.

I use a Creative Vado HD camera. I use a combo of an Edirol R09-HR, SM57 and AxeFx direct into ProTools. I sync all the files together then bring the exported movie into iMovie09 then upload to YT :)

Mark

I'm having some probs with these patches. I got my expression pedal running to control the volume but they all sound very flat. I'm running output 1 for the sims and everything, but it sounds like no highs, very low mids. I saw your levels were way down like -10db, but if I bump them up even a couple db the clipping light gets hammered.

I also saw your note about the amp gain and OD adjustments but they don't seem to resolve the problem. What am I overlooking?

Syrinx said:
I'm having some probs with these patches. I got my expression pedal running to control the volume but they all sound very flat. I'm running output 1 for the sims and everything, but it sounds like no highs, very low mids. I saw your levels were way down like -10db, but if I bump them up even a couple db the clipping light gets hammered.

I also saw your note about the amp gain and OD adjustments but they don't seem to resolve the problem. What am I overlooking?

I will check my Global EQ for OUT 1 tomorrow and post

I know I have some lows and low mids taken out, maybe some highs boosted...you could play with the GLobal

Hi Mark,

is this still your actual live setup ?
Or have you changed some amps since getting 9.0 ?

Regards

Peter

FlyingV said:
Hi Mark,

is this still your actual live setup ?
Or have you changed some amps since getting 9.0 ?

Regards

Peter

Here are the basic presets, I do use the Global EQ's...

http://files.me.com/samhillband/4530u3

OUT 1 for DAW/FOH .....note I didn't use this for the YT but I do for live. Keep in mind our PA is bottom heavy.
63=-9.4
125=-4.3
250=-6.1
500=0.6
1K=0.0
2K=0.0
4k=-0.7
8K=-1.9

OUT 2 For ART SLA2 and Randall Cab

63=-6.8
125=-0.4
250=-5.2
500=-3.2
1K=-2.1
2K=-2.3
4k=-0.9
8K=-1.3

GuitarDojo said:
SO the Edirol picks up the room and the SM57 is in front of the amp?

That's what I did for this vid. The QR one I just did was just the Edirol :)

Mark

Back
Top Bottom