AxeFx Ultra and Axe Edit, Can not select MIDI in drop down

Steve Turner

Here is my problem. I can not select midi in or out in settings of Axe Edit. Bascially the midi device appears in the drop down but can not be selected, it just stays as NONE.

GEAR:

AxeFX Ultra
fw 11.00 May 8 2011
Windows 10 64bit

AXE EDIT VERSIONS:

0_9_191_beta
1_0_191

MIDI HARDWARE:

MAudio Midisport 2x2
Roland UM-ONE mk2
Midi Channel 1, Same symptom through both devices

Settings/
Midi settings/
Axe Fx Midi IO
Click drop downs

Thus can not control my AxeFx via Axe Edit

I had alot of problems with the midisport that sound familiar to this. If you have another midi interface (eg via sound card) then try that first

Regards

M

I had alot of problems with the midisport that sound familiar to this. If you have another midi interface (eg via sound card) then try that first

Regards

M
I bought a focusrite scarlet 6i6 with midi in and out, it worked before but suddenly the midisport and scarlet midi doesn't work, when I open the dropdown in axe edit, I see them in the dropdown list but when i click on them they go back to none as Steve mentioned above.

On my macbook it works, but I use my windows pc for music and axefx, so thats a problem for me

Im not at home to test this right now but, when you go to the midi settings and see your midi interface under your midi tab, select "none" for midi in/out, go to the next tab "merge" select "none" again. Then go back to the original midi tab and see if it is selectable.

I had so many problems with mine as well, I use the roland um one mk2 with linux mint. With the newest axe edit available for the ultra I couldnt get it to work with any version of windows I tried. As soon as I downgraded axe edit it worked like a charm.

After reading your post again it looks like you are having trouble with your midi interface (roland or midisport box), this could also be why you cant see it in axe edit or that it is unselectable.

Hope that helps.

Back
Top Bottom