AxeFX SPDIF out to PC DAW

Alex EShadow

Inspired
Hi All,

I'm currently looking into doing some quality guitar and bass recording, but since everything I use goes through the AxeFX I was thinking of using the already great AD/DA converters in the Axe instead of using some external A/D from Apogee or MOTU that costs a ton.

So my question is... are all SPDIF interfaces equal in quality, since the signal is all digital and there is no A/D involved? Would I loose something going with an el-cheapo Behringer or Edirol solution instead of buying expensive converters?

Also what's the maximum frequency and bitrate the Axe can put out the SPDIF output?

Thanks,

Alex

Alex EShadow said:
Hi All,

I'm currently looking into doing some quality guitar and bass recording, but since everything I use goes through the AxeFX I was thinking of using the already great AD/DA converters in the Axe instead of using some external A/D from Apogee or MOTU that costs a ton.

So my question is... are all SPDIF interfaces equal in quality, since the signal is all digital and there is no A/D involved? Would I loose something going with an el-cheapo Behringer or Edirol solution instead of buying expensive converters?

Also what's the maximum frequency and bitrate the Axe can put out the SPDIF output?

Thanks,

Alex

The axe-fx only outputs 48kHz at 24 bits.

if you play back your recordings (guitar, bass, mixed track) through soundcard/monitor, you probably need a another decent D/A unit.

Back
Top Bottom