AxeFx meets an Engl E570 to promote a comic book!!

guittarzzan

Inspired
Well, I took my first shot at putting sound, music and foley to video to help promote my friend's movie script and comic book graphic novel. It was a fun process and I learned a lot, but after whatever compression they did to it to get it up on the web, it sounds like ass in my opinion. It sounded pretty sweet through my monitors, but that was when it had a lot more 1's and 0's.
Anyway, I wrote the two songs based on my friend's movie script and they basically tell it like it is from the killer's point of view. Definitely the darkest lyrics I've ever written and what's up there isn't even the worst of it. I did everything audiowise except the girls screaming so it was cool doing narration and trying to make sound and music groove with the video. It's not top notch by any means, but it was fun to do.
The songs you hear...or sort of hear...I used an Engl E570 pre into a Randall rt2/50 amp into a VHT 4x12 w/v30's double miced on one side and the Axefx direct on the other. Those two pieces seem to play pretty nice together. Both sides were run through an Anamod, which is a direct guitar's best friend for digital recording imo.
I've never posted anything I've done before, but this one was kind of cool (before digital compression) so I thought I'd share it with you guys since the Axe was used in it. I'm looking forward to hearing this "thump" thang in person.
You can view it by going here: http://devilsdue.net/ and clicking on The Haunted Caves.

cheers,
Steve

Hi Steve,

wow!
dude.gif
duke.gif

Cheers

Jochen

Back
Top Bottom