Axefx Marshall Tones

Does anyone know what the pickups in that blue strat are, bridge pickup especially?
And where he sets that tone control?
His bridge pu tones in this video, and others I've seen from him, are so full and un-stratty, almost humbuckery.
And always great.

I know I've posted about this before, but that's totally not what my EJ does, and the further I head in that direction with amp settings, neck gets moof moof moof.

Does anyone know what the pickups in that blue strat are, bridge pickup especially?
And where he sets that tone control?
His bridge pu tones in this video, and others I've seen from him, are so full and un-stratty, almost humbuckery.
And always great.

I know I've posted about this before, but that's totally not what my EJ does, and the further I head in that direction with amp settings, neck gets moof moof moof.
I asked the question in the comments of his vid - we'll see if he answers.

I believe those are the Lollar Dirty Blondes! Agreed on John Cordy - awesome player and a cool guy.
Thanks, but I can't find those on the Lollar site. Not made any more?

EDIT: I see them at Humbucker Music, interesting. Doesn't say if they're the flat pole pieces, and they're more money than straight from Lollar.

Last edited:
Lollar recently changed the name of some pickups - this set is now called the 'Special Blonde', which comes under the Vintage Blonde group.
You can ask for the 'Special' version to get the slightly hotter bridge pickup.
I've got a set in a Music Man Cutlass and it's chef's kiss. :D

Back
Top Bottom