AxeFX in Australia

Hi Everyone,

The AxeFX's have landed!

Prices will be as we previously estimated and can be found at http://shop.independentmusic.com.au/products/axe-fx

Keep an eye out in next months Guitarist Australia for our ad and I believe there's going to be a shootout style review featuring the AxeFX and its competitors (I don't like the competitors chances :lol: )

We also have our next shipment of Atomic Reactor FRs arriving in the next couple of weeks, which is the new range (including the powered and unpowered wedges and unpowered cab in addition to the units that we've sold previously)

contact us on fractal@independentmusic.com.au or on (07) 3852 1116 to get in and get some before they all go.

Re: AxeFX in Austalia

After I visit Australia, Austalia will definitely be on my "must visit destination" list for sure :mrgreen:

Independent Music said:
Hi Everyone,

The AxeFX's have landed!

Prices will be as we previously estimated and can be found at http://shop.independentmusic.com.au/products/axe-fx

Keep an eye out in next months Guitarist Australia for our ad and I believe there's going to be a shootout style review featuring the AxeFX and its competitors (I don't like the competitors chances :lol: )

We also have our next shipment of Atomic Reactor FRs arriving in the next couple of weeks, which is the new range (including the powered and unpowered wedges and unpowered cab in addition to the units that we've sold previously)

contact us on fractal@independentmusic.com.au or on (07) 3852 1116 to get in and get some before they all go.

Nice job guys!....

Dont sell anymore to Melbourne, we like to stay exclusive :lol:

Only kidding, the word needs to be spread!

Question. For any pre-IM Axe customers( i.e. who bought direct from Fractal), do we now turn to you guys for any service related issues? Or do we still deal with Fractal, and it's just newer customers who go through you guys?

@DNW,
Contact Independent Music with any issues that you have and we will look after you.
<edit>
To clarify (and to actually answer the question ;-), any pre Independent Music customers can come to us for warranty issues etc.
</edit>

Cheers,
Andrew

Independent Music said:
@DNW,
Contact Independent Music with any issues that you have and we will look after you.
<edit>
To clarify (and to actually answer the question ;-), any pre Independent Music customers can come to us for warranty issues etc.
</edit>

Cheers,
Andrew

Thanks for the answer. Hopefully I won't have to be contacting you with any such service issues anyway, but hopefully there will be an Atomic sometime in my not-too-distant future (i.e. when I'm not broke :lol:).

Andrew,
as an Aussie AxeFx owner (Gold Coast), I'm very happy to hear there is somebody local now who can handle any warranty repairs should any issues arise but may I make a suggestion?
It seems a lot of gear manufacturers/distributers post videos of their gear being demoed by someone playing way too fast to be of any benefit when trying to dissect the tonal quality of the product. When you do some more videos, would you consider recording some which feature big open chords and long sustaining passages to showcase the tone of the simulations and the intricacies of the fx as well? (perhaps they were already there, I could only watch the first couple coz my internet usage is running low, damn Aussie web)
Cheers,
Rick

prickstein said:
Andrew,
as an Aussie AxeFx owner (Gold Coast), I'm very happy to hear there is somebody local now who can handle any warranty repairs should any issues arise but may I make a suggestion?
It seems a lot of gear manufacturers/distributers post videos of their gear being demoed by someone playing way too fast to be of any benefit when trying to dissect the tonal quality of the product. When you do some more videos, would you consider recording some which feature big open chords and long sustaining passages to showcase the tone of the simulations and the intricacies of the fx as well? (perhaps they were already there, I could only watch the first couple coz my internet usage is running low, damn Aussie web)
Cheers,
Rick

Rick, glad to hear you got the axe as well, did you get rid of the little randall combo i sold you?

Oh Hey Rick! We seem to keep buying the same gear and frequenting the same forums, lol.
Yes I did sell it, to buy the RM4-RT2/50 rack which KICKED ASS but was way too loud and heavy to use anywhere. I got some Friedman modded modules for it but there was a very noticeable dropout when changing patches that nobody seemed to want to help me out in getting the chip to fix the problem. Randall passed me onto CMI, CMI didn't seem to want to know about it.
Sold that and tried to go direct with the AxeFx but it didn't cut it for me as a direct recording unit (nothing has so far, not "3D" enough) so I got an Egnater Tweaker head recently and use the AxeFx with it in 4 cable mode. I'm hoping this will be what I'm looking for.
Hope all is well is gearland mate

prickstein said:
Oh Hey Rick! We seem to keep buying the same gear and frequenting the same forums, lol.
Yes I did sell it, to buy the RM4-RT2/50 rack which KICKED ASS but was way too loud and heavy to use anywhere. I got some Friedman modded modules for it but there was a very noticeable dropout when changing patches that nobody seemed to want to help me out in getting the chip to fix the problem. Randall passed me onto CMI, CMI didn't seem to want to know about it.
Sold that and tried to go direct with the AxeFx but it didn't cut it for me as a direct recording unit (nothing has so far, not "3D" enough) so I got an Egnater Tweaker head recently and use the AxeFx with it in 4 cable mode. I'm hoping this will be what I'm looking for.
Hope all is well is gearland mate

Yeah you went the opposite way to me, i started with the rt250 & rm4 and scaled down to the little combo, but after i sold that to you I got the egnater M4 which took the dual modules so eight channels basically, it was awesome and i should not have sold it, but i wanted a triaxis, got that and got sick of it pretty quick so went to the marshall JVM410 head which was without a doubt the best amp i have ever had and as you know i've had alot of amps incl the dual recto
But of course being the gearhead i am i got the Axe-Fx and through poweramp and cab i was able to copy the marshall pretty much spot on so i sold the marshall, i'm not gigging at the moment so how it would fare in the real world live i am yet to experience, but at the moment it's covering all the basses for me.

rm60 said:
$3300 AUD seems an awful lot to pay for an Ultra when they cost $2000 USD ... Is this Australian price correct?
I suppose I might be the one to provide the standard (and ultra) answer this time:

You have to take into account shipping, taxes, duties and other overhead like local support - and the Australian vendor still needs to make a profit. Keeping in mind that Fractal isn't mass producing their units and their profit margins supposedly aren't huge, they can't sell to their distributors at a hugely lower price than US customers.

I might be wrong, but that's my understanding of it.

rm60 said:
$3300 AUD seems an awful lot to pay for an Ultra when they cost $2000 USD ... Is this Australian price correct?

Well, when I bought mine direct from FAS it cost me about $3500 all up. The dollar is better now, but we also get local support. If I was going to add a 2nd Axe to my rack, I'd have no problem paying $3300 for it. I actually expected it to be much worse, considering some of the prices we have to put up with on gear here. The Atomic FRFR seems pretty reasonably priced too IMO.

@Beefcake, you are correct! (and thanks for the support)

We're making every effort to keep these products as low in cost as possible for our Australian buyers. We've had a lot of positive feedback on the prices so far. People have been letting us know that, like @DNW, they actually paid more than what we are selling things for to get them into the country for themselves.

@prickstein, we agree with you about the demos. We have, of course had people ask us to do demos with fast playing in them also, so we're trying to please everyone here. Go to http://www.fractalaudio.com.au and click on the 'Hear It' tab. We've just started with some sound samples to show off how good even just a straight amp and cab sound on the Axe-Fx. All feedback is welcome of course!

Keep an eye out for our double page ad in Guitarist Australia too!

Great. Now the AxeFx is $600AUD more expensive than before.

I was just about to pull the trigger on one thinking that the price was around $2000AUD inc shipping and tax, as it was a few weeks ago. Ridiculous.

Independent Music said:
Shipping for the Axe-FX Standard and Axe-FX Ultra is *free* to mainland Australia!

I'd be offering free shipping with that sort of profit margin too. You make it sound like it's a great deal, it ain't. What's a $30 shipping cost when you're making over $600 per unit?

BubbaMc said:
Independent Music said:
Shipping for the Axe-FX Standard and Axe-FX Ultra is *free* to mainland Australia!

I'd be offering free shipping with that sort of profit margin too. You make it sound like it's a great deal, it ain't. What's a $30 shipping cost when you're making over $600 per unit?

Are you quite done being an utter dick?

When I bought my Ultra, I paid $3.5k to get it from FAS. The dollar is better now, but I didn't have local support then. The Axe isn't exactly going to be a huge moving product and they have to have some incentive to actually stock and sell these things. They're a business; they're not doing this as some sort of charity to Australian guitarists. They've got their costs to cover in selling and supporting the products, and they have to make a decent enough profit to justify doing it at all.

Back
Top Bottom