AxeFX IIXL+ and MFC101 MKIII

elpedro

I am very new to both of these units. I actually just received my new to me MFC101 today...

I had been using a Behringer FCB101 with a EurekaProm chip. All was working OK... When I received the MFC, I did a settings reset on both my AXEFX and the MFC. I then went through various tutorials in order to get the two units talking to each other. I am able to control effects, read the display, etc. Seems OK. Now I am having problems with expression pedals.

I have a preset that contains a volume block. The volume block is assigned to use EXT1. This worked flawlessly with the FCB101. But I am having serious issues with this on the MFC.

First, if I try to use a Line6 by Mission pedal with a TRS jack in to EXP1 port on the MFC, and try to calibrate the pedal, it basically gives me a 0 or a 1. Not sure what that means...

Then I plugged in a Roland EV-5. It lets me calibrate (0 for low, 115 for high). In the MIDI menu, I set the EXP1 port to be "PDL".

The XP1 midi CC# on the MFC is set to 16. The EXT CTRL 1 CC# on the AXEFX is also 16. The expression pedal will NOT control the volume pedal in my preset. Also, strangely, the MIDI IN light on the AXE does not light up when moving the pedal.

If I change the XP1 CC# on the MFC to 11, and change to a factory preset, the pedal will control the output volume of the AXEFX and the midi in light illuminates when I move the pedal.

Another weird thing...if I plug the Roland pedal into pedal port #2 of the MFC, with nothing in any of the other ports, it doesn't seem to be recognized at all. I cannot calibrate it or anything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If you need additional information, let me know and I will provide it.

UPDATE -

I deleted the volume block out of my preset, and then re-added it. It seems to work just fine now.

So, looks like I'm just stuck on trying to get the Mission pedal to work.

UPDATE #2 -

I modded the Line6 Mission pedal - added a third wire, and separated two lugs on the pot that were joined together. It now works fine. My final issue is that I cannot plug an expression pedal into port 2 and calibrate it. 1, 3 and 4 seem to work OK, but 2 doesn't respond. Any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom