AxeFX III: What's Missing?

I don't see a power input for wall wart supply for 3rd party foot controller. With the II we can plug the power supply into the back of the Fractal and send the power and midi to a controller via midi out. Does the III have the capability to send it's own power, or does it only support faslink powered controllers?

Edit - I see it was called midi in phantom power. However, it looks like the III only has 5 pin midi, so is it safe to assume the midi port can not carry power?

Last edited:
With that massive new grid and extra power, the number of same-kind blocks per-preset doesn’t seem to match the new possibilities IMO. I’m guessing this will expand later on.

4-effect-types-table-364x1024.gif

Support for third party effects/amps is missing. To me it sounds like the unit could go after the daw market as a general purpose daw plugin accelerator. Although it may need thunderbolt to do the best job as a daw plugin accelerator.

I am saying have a way for third parties to target this hardware. I realize current pc based vsts won't run on it.

I'm jest a little annoyed at these posts that would see the new product, and instantly kick out a thread talking about what they DIDN'T get.
Awww party pooper....

Honestly though these are guitar players talking guitar gear... par for the course lol

With that massive new grid and extra power, the number of same-kind blocks per-preset doesn’t seem to match the new possibilities IMO. I’m guessing this will expand later on.

I am pretty sure that with the new 'Channels' feature, each block will use more CPU than before.

But it seems that there are more instances, and some new blocks, and when coupled with the 'Channels' feature, should be very powerful.

- it's a platform that provides capacity for Fractal to continue the quest to who knows where. We might have thought it was over with lots speculating the product couldn't get much better and that we'd pretty well arrived at perfection. Ya - it's a great new buggy and maybe there's some more options that could have been added (though I can't think of much), BUT, the real interesting goodies, are yet to come with Fractal now able to drop all kinds of new code into that expanded capacity.

Back
Top Bottom