Axefx III Tips and Tricks Repository

biggness

Power User
I'd like to start a repository of not so well known tips and tricks for everything from dialing in amp tones to effects, and everything in between.

A couple to start:

For some added brilliance with clean tones; coming out of the Amp block, route a Filter block around the Cab block then back into your main row. Set the Filter to bandpass to set your high and low cutoffs, and use the level control as your "brilliance mix control."

To add space and body to your tones, without occupying silent spaces, attach a Envelope filter to the mix control of a Delay block placed in parallel. When you stop playing, the delays go away. Sort of a reverse-ducker. You will have to adjust the envelope to your liking.

Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Post presets with your ideas so we can see and hear them in practice please.

That's a cool idea to blend in no-cab signal. I have never tried that. I'll bet you could get an old-school Pink Floyd vibe going as well as 80s bright thick chorus sounds. Great tip. Mine is assigning the envelope follower to the Wah control knob and playing with the curves for subtle auto-wah solo sounds.

For some added brilliance with clean tones; coming out of the Amp block, route a Filter block around the Cab block then back into your main row. Set the Filter to bandpass to set your high and low cutoffs, and use the level control as your "brilliance mix control."

I believe that this is what the "air" control in the Cab block does ....

Back
Top Bottom