AxeFX III on top of amp?

sskkmm

Power User
I really hadn't given this much thought but saw a few old threads about issues on the II on top of cabs...

Should I be concerned about vibration affecting the III if it is in a rack on top of amp/cab? I will never be playing at earth shaking volumes or anything, but is there still enough vibration at gig levels to be concerned long term?

I'd avoid it if possible. Just doesn't seem to be a best practice to shake things constantly. Especially circuit boards. Maybe if you had shock-mounted rack? Even then, I think a cab-stand makes sense, or a table as others have shown which sits above the cab - no direct contact.

I had the issue with my Axe-Fx II Mk I and might be one of the posts you read but I never noticed the issue with my Axe-Fx II XL+. I noticed the issue most when playing bass and having the Axe-Fx II on top of a real bass cab.

Also, unless your cab is FRFR, you're wasting 50% of your money using an Axe-Fx III bc IR's have a huge impact on your tone.

It is the Britt Xitone cab and the rack fits right on top. :)

I will avoid for gigs. Thx.

Someone around here… Go look at Axe3 rigs section/thread by yek ... And you will see some people that use a collapsible table where they put their cabinet under the table table is physically separated from cabinet and the AX3 sets right on top above it.

I would think Fractal would be embarrassed if they shipped a "road-ready" product that couldn't survive under conditions that ANY amp head is designed to survive under.

It's not really a table, it's a flat stand:

http://www.quiklok.com/catalog/?p=productsMore&iProduct=30&sName=WS-540

I have been using them for a while. Perfect choice for a racked Axe Fx.
I use one of these with my racked Axe III and highly recommend them. I also used it with my XL+. They are very, very stable. They are also built like a tank and easily broken down and transported. Plus the height is adjustable so I bet your cab would fit right under it for a really professional looking rig.

Back
Top Bottom