Axe-Fx III on order - wondering if I should snag some black friday IR deals - advice?

fuzzyoctaves

Inspired
I am finally upgrading from the II. I already have the Ownhammer Heavy Hitters collection and Cab Pack 10. I also own Cab Lab, but haven't used it yet.

Mostly interested in modern metal heavy tones and surfy and jazz cleans. I'm also interested in getting some good heavy bass tones.

Since the III comes with so many new (to me) cabs and some of those are commercial IRs, I have two thoughts:
1. I don't want to buy something that's already in the III
2. Maybe the stock cabs will be more than good enough and buying more stuff will just complicate things.

I've done a little shopping around and these have my interest so far:
Jens Bogren Signature IR Pack: RHYTHM
ML sound lab Mega Oversize Cab Pack

Your thoughts? Other suggestions?

I bought the Valhallir V2-Green69 pack today on sale. € 4 off. I'm glad I did. I think it will be my go to Marshall type cab. Check out their free teaserpack: Click

York Audio is my top tier. You cant go wrong with any of his IR packs.

Given what I suspect are your sound preferences have you also checked Mendel IR pack Vol.1?

I'm sure there's at least 10 you'll like in the stock cabs. If you have some money set aside for such a thing, buying some packs simply expands your options.

Grabbed the Bogren pack, and the York Mega Mesa and Orange packs. I also got the STL Libre IR mixer. I figure I am all set for heavier tones, but am still undecided on what clean tone cabs to go with.

Grabbed the Bogren pack, and the York Mega Mesa and Orange packs. I also got the STL Libre IR mixer. I figure I am all set for heavier tones, but am still undecided on what clean tone cabs to go with.

Depending on the flavor of clean tones you prefer:
York Audio Vox VX15 or VX30
York Audio Matchless
York Audio Verb deluxe

Back
Top Bottom