AxeFX III Manual updated again (4/24/18)

Thanks for the continued updates. Great job.

I noticed this as I was doing some of the MIDI work in advance of the FC

From page 176 of the manual....

CC VALUE TO SCENE

When selecting Scenes using the global options found on the Other page of the MIDI/Remote menu under SETUP, the value of the designated CC# determines the Scene:

However, I do not see this option in the Axe. Perhaps a feature to be added?

Am I missing something?

THanks

MM

Ah. I got it I think

So for a toggle switch would the on/off values be the same?

MM

Last edited:
Ah. I got it I think

So for a toggle switch would the on/off values be the same?

MM
What do you mean? Are you talking about a button for Scene selection or to turn an effect off and on? If the latter, you want to send a value from 64-127 (typically 127) and for off a value 0-63 (typically 0).

This is the way I'm interpreting it.

Lets say we assign CC 64 to "Scene Selection"
We would use 5 Switches to CC 64
The values of CC 64 would be different (0 for scene 1, 1 for scene 2, 2 for scene 3, 3 for scene 4, and 4 for scene 5) based on the spec on page 176.
My question was if not using the MFC where you can link the switches, you'd probably want the value of those switches to be the same for on and off.

Make sense? (I'm not sure that's how it works but that's what I'm thinking)

UPDATE - I did this and it works though I have the off value set to "off"

MM

Last edited:
This is the way I'm interpreting it.

Lets say we assign CC 64 to "Scene Selection"
We would use 5 Switches to CC 64
The values of CC 64 would be different (0 for scene 1, 1 for scene 2, 2 for scene 3, 3 for scene 4, and 4 for scene 5) based on the spec on page 176.
My question was if not using the MFC where you can link the switches, you'd probably want the value of those switches to be the same for on and off.

Make sense? (I'm not sure that's how it works but that's what I'm thinking)

UPDATE - I did this and it works though I have the off value set to "off"

MM
Yeah... If you can't do switch grouping, I would set both to the same value.

Alternately, you can just use PCs and then do Preset Mapping on the Axe Fx III. Then you don't need switch grouping because midi controllers know you can not have more than 1 preset active at once.

If you have more than a handful of presets, that could be a problem due to the limit in maps.

Hey @Admin M@, just noticed a small typo when reading the manual on pg66:

Factory 1, Factory 2: Two banks of 1,024 built-in IRs contain a wealth of selections from the best or today’s IR producers and artists, including many taken from Fractal Audio Cab packs produced prior to March 2018
The bolded "or" above seems like it should read "of".

Back
Top Bottom