AxeFx II (vs. Ultra) - has anybody actually heard it?

Been there done that already.. !!! There was a whole thread dedicated to it. #1 Issue - shipping to CANADA !!

I also have a US shipping address. I can throw a rock from my house and hit NY State :)

Just saying...lol

Mark

Hi,

I'd like to bring the thread back to where I started it.
Could someone of the beta testers please record a side by side comparison of the same amp models on an Ultra & a AFX II?

I've listened to a few samples from this forum and like them a lot, but it's hard to tell how much better they sound on an AFX II than on an Ultra or Standard... I know that a 1:1 import of the patches is impossible, but if you do more or less the same thing on an Ultra & a II, how dramatic is the difference?

Just comparing the Ultra and Axe II won't let you know how much closer the Axe II is to the real amp at all unless you also have the real amp to compare to. So more realistically, one would need to do a 3-way comparison.

I hardly think that's feasible, unless Cliff himself did it...which most likely isn't going to happen since he's busy making our Ultras and Axe II's and developing whatever new hotness he's working on that we won't know about until it's ready.

Comparisons are always fun, but for me i really never bother to compare the AXE to any tube amp, I don't care if it's going to sound exactly like a Marshall, Boogie, Bogner etc, i think the Axe has it's own sound, and is able to produce really good tube type sounds, the Ultra sounds amazing, so i'm sure the Axe II with the extra power will be able to sound even better.

Comparisons are always fun, but for me i really never bother to compare the AXE to any tube amp, I don't care if it's going to sound exactly like a Marshall, Boogie, Bogner etc, i think the Axe has it's own sound, and is able to produce really good tube type sounds, the Ultra sounds amazing, so i'm sure the Axe II with the extra power will be able to sound even better.

Comparing Axe & AxeII would be not only fun but also useful for use potential buyers. I'm also sure that AxeII does sound better, there's already evidence of that, I just want to pinpoint better the elements that are improved. Side by side comparison would certainly help me to do that. With that information it would be much easier to decide if I need those elements in my music.

Back
Top Bottom