AxeFX II strange interaction with MFC (solved)

Brett336

Inspired
Hi,

I Posted this question in the MFC area but got no reply - search got nothing relevant either.

I am running FW 2.17 in my MFC and 11.3 in my Axefx II. When I power up, none of the
switches respond until I change patches once. Then everything works fine. The reveal and bank up/down switches seem to work but no other functions respond until I change the preset.

is this normal behavior?

Thanks,

Brett

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I Posted this question in the MFC area but got no reply - search got nothing relevant either.

I am running FW 2.17 in my MFC and 11.3 in my Axefx II. When I power up, none of the
switches respond until I change patches once. Then everything works fine. The reveal and bank up/down switches seem to work but no other functions respond until I change the preset.

is this normal behavior?

Thanks,

Brett

Yes I'm running FW2.18 on the MFC and 11.03 on my Axe II. I power everything up and always have to Change the Preset to make it work.

I figured it out. I was powering up the MFC first then turning on the Axe. If I turn on the Axe first then plug in the MFC it works perfectly.

If the Axe-Fx II is not powered on first this will happen. Selecting any preset on the MFC will reset the state machine.

Hi,

is this normal behavior?

Thanks,

Brett

Mine does this as well.

If the Axe-Fx II is not powered on first this will happen. Selecting any preset on the MFC will reset the state machine.

Makes sense, as I always have my powered midi cable plugged in and switch everything on. No biggie and not a problem to switch something quick to get it to register.

When I first got my A2 this was not a problem FW 9.4 or thereabouts. Since updating to FW10.1 and now 11.3 I have this problem also. It's a bit of a pain, I sometimes get to the first solo at a gig and have to quickly double shift.

I have had this issue only since I upgraded tp FW 11.0. This is clearly a glitch. I am sure Cliff will address downstream.

Back
Top Bottom