• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

AxeFX II strange interaction with MFC (solved)

Brett336

Hi,

I Posted this question in the MFC area but got no reply - search got nothing relevant either.

I am running FW 2.17 in my MFC and 11.3 in my Axefx II. When I power up, none of the
switches respond until I change patches once. Then everything works fine. The reveal and bank up/down switches seem to work but no other functions respond until I change the preset.

is this normal behavior?

Thanks,

Brett

Last edited by a moderator:

Rain

Power User
Hi,

I Posted this question in the MFC area but got no reply - search got nothing relevant either.

I am running FW 2.17 in my MFC and 11.3 in my Axefx II. When I power up, none of the
switches respond until I change patches once. Then everything works fine. The reveal and bank up/down switches seem to work but no other functions respond until I change the preset.

is this normal behavior?

Thanks,

Brett
Yes I'm running FW2.18 on the MFC and 11.03 on my Axe II. I power everything up and always have to Change the Preset to make it work.

Rain

Power User
I figured it out. I was powering up the MFC first then turning on the Axe. If I turn on the Axe first then plug in the MFC it works perfectly.

FractalAudio

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
If the Axe-Fx II is not powered on first this will happen. Selecting any preset on the MFC will reset the state machine.

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
Hi,

is this normal behavior?

Thanks,

Brett
Mine does this as well.

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
If the Axe-Fx II is not powered on first this will happen. Selecting any preset on the MFC will reset the state machine.
Makes sense, as I always have my powered midi cable plugged in and switch everything on. No biggie and not a problem to switch something quick to get it to register.

supersonic

Inspired
When I first got my A2 this was not a problem FW 9.4 or thereabouts. Since updating to FW10.1 and now 11.3 I have this problem also. It's a bit of a pain, I sometimes get to the first solo at a gig and have to quickly double shift.

bbbuck

I have had this issue only since I upgraded tp FW 11.0. This is clearly a glitch. I am sure Cliff will address downstream.

Top Bottom