AxeFx II Dumble ODS vs. Dumblesipulami Preamp (4x12AX7, 1x12AT7 tubes)

each sound was played over 32 bars - which one is the axefx II?

• Sound #1 is the AxeFx II

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Sound #2 is the AxeFx II

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
both sound wonderfull. I like the first one a little more because it sounds thicker, so I hope the first one is the Axe II

i guess both has been played on a guitar.... :)

Hahaha....nice one! :) On the same guitar.....my lovely japanese LesPaul (fujigen made)

BTW: Both sounds had identical potentiometer values (!!!) - I done a ToneMatch between ODS 100 and Dumblesipulami Preamp some days ago - the resulting curve was almost identical. I like them both.... :) One was just about 49'600 bucks cheaper...hahahaha!

Last edited:
Nice work man! Great playing and tone!! Definitely had that Steely Dan/Larry Carlton vibe going on. Amazing job on the Mesa mod. You should be working for Mesa in Petaluma. :) I'd buy that preamp! :)

They are both awesome and very similar.
In this context I like the first one a little more
but in a different mix I might not.

;)

Ha ha. Fooled me. Your boogie sounds great. But I venture that someone else playing it might get a different sound of out it. You've got the touch!

I have an idea that abit Thunk + Motor drive could make them identical... and m.b adjusting depth

Much thanks for this idea - I'll check that out! I like them both as they are! The AxeFx is truly the first (and the only digital device) that goes well with that type of tone! I'm very pleased with the results. And there is still a ton of other things in that box, ready to discover :D :D

Back
Top Bottom