AxeFx II Compatibility with IRs from Ultra

aleclee

Power User
Are IRs used with the Standard/Ultra compatible with the II? Whenever I try loading one of IRs I used with my Ultra, I get nothing but silence. :(

Thanks!

That certainly makes it easier. :)

Do you know where I can find some acoustic guitar or cello IRs?

I wonder in AlbertA would be able & interested in updating his IR conversion tool to open G1 IR sysex's and save as "low-res" G2 sysex's?

I'd be happy to share with others here in chipping in a few $ for developemnt.

Are IRs used with the Standard/Ultra compatible with the II? Whenever I try loading one of IRs I used with my Ultra, I get nothing but silence. :(

Thanks!

+1

I have this same issue. Have you found a solution?

+1

I have this same issue. Have you found a solution?

The IR's for the Standard/Ultra are not compatible with the Axe-Fx II. If you have Redwirez, you can get the Axe-Fx II versions free of charge. If you have Ownhammer, they are $5 per cabinet. Other IR's need to be in the proper format in order to use them with the Axe-Fx II. I am not currently aware of a converter for .WAV format IR's.

The IR's for the Standard/Ultra are not compatible with the Axe-Fx II. If you have Redwirez, you can get the Axe-Fx II versions free of charge. If you have Ownhammer, they are $5 per cabinet. Other IR's need to be in the proper format in order to use them with the Axe-Fx II. I am not currently aware of a converter for .WAV format IR's.

Thanks.

FWIW, a bunch of the factory IR's on the Axe-Fx II are AMAZING. I'm especially enjoying Jay Mitchell's Far-Field IR's for clean tones.

I wonder in AlbertA would be able & interested in updating his IR conversion tool to open G1 IR sysex's and save as "low-res" G2 sysex's?

I'd be happy to share with others here in chipping in a few $ for developemnt.

It's possible, maybe it's already supported I have to look at the code. On the user side, you would have to make sure you select the low-res option so the IR is windowed correctly.

Hi Albert - can it convert a Gen1 1024 sample sysex to a Gen 2 "low res" sysex?

I don't have the II yet so I can't test, but I tried opening an Ultra sysex, changing to Axe-FX II mode then saving. I couldn't see the name embedded in the file and it appears to be exactly the same length file, so I'm guessing it saved as a Gen 1 format.

Hi Albert - can it convert a Gen1 1024 sample sysex to a Gen 2 "low res" sysex?

I don't have the II yet so I can't test, but I tried opening an Ultra sysex, changing to Axe-FX II mode then saving. I couldn't see the name embedded in the file and it appears to be exactly the same length file, so I'm guessing it saved as a Gen 1 format.
Didn't work when I tried it. It seemed to load the G1 sysex fine but when I saved it to a new file and loaded it, I got silence.

I have the acoustic body one and scarr is working on getting a cello on. I also have a cello one (I haven't had a chance to try it though). Here they are.
Got 'em loaded and they work fine. The guitar IR sure captures the in-room sound. Now hopefully someone has the Mama Bear impulses in a wav format. I really liked those for more of a miked acoustic tone.

Back
Top Bottom