AxeFX II and Sonic the Hedgehog!

Poparad

Power User
My girlfriend wanted me to record some Sonic music for an anniversary present (she's pretty awesome), so here's Hill Top Zone from Sonic 2. Lead is USA II+ Bright, L/R leads are the HiWatt, bass is the Orange bass amp, and the organ and drums are MIDI (Xpand! and Superior Drummer). This is a pretty quick recording and mix. I plan on doing all the music from the first four games, eventually, probably with a little more time and detail.

This month's installment: Flying Battery Zone:

Lead guitar: USA Lead Bright + with Clark Kent #20 ultrares cab
Harmony guitars: Citrus RV50 with Clark Kent's Gift ultrares cab
Bass: FAS Bass with Rdnzl MB2x15 C414 ultrares cab

Synth lead and brass: Xpand!2 in Pro Tools
Drums: Superior Drummer

Here's this month's edition: Launch Base Zone

There's not much guitar in this one. There's a clean funk park that I played on a Strat into the TX Star Clean with one of the OH ultra-rez 1x12 free IR samples. The upright is me, too, but all with mics and no AxeFX.

I went into the level select for Sonic 2 and used the 'sound test' to grab samples of some of the sound effects used on this track. I loaded them into Structure in ProTools and assigned them to MIDI triggers for the tracks. The drums are a combination of the Avatar kit in Superior Drummer and the latin percussion pack from EZ Drummer. The rest of the synths are all XPand!2 in Pro Tools.

Back
Top Bottom