AxeFX Brethren

Sleestak

Power User
I played a couple of really fun shows this weekend in the Seattle area. One of them was a community festival on Friday night that involved music, arts, and food. We were the last band of the evening, and when I arrived for load-in, another band was set up and getting ready to play. The band was hanging around behind the stage, and the guitarist saw my gear loaded onto my cart. He said "hey, what do you have in that rack?", and I said "AxeFX". He said "look at my rig". We had exactly the same SKB 4-space rack, and each of us had an AxeFX and a Line6 G90 wireless. We had never met before, but obviously, a lot of AxeFX nerd talk followed :)

It's the first time I've played a gig where another guitarist had an AxeFX. It was a blast to chat with him, and we exchanged contact information since we both live in this area. Now that I've spent a few years really digging into the AxeFX as the nerve center of my guitar rig, it's interesting to hear another player using one, and comparing our approaches to tone building.

He summed it up nicely "I wouldn't have anything else in my rig". Me either.

Thanks for sharing ... it is a neat story. Was trying to get to your show last night, but events directed us differently. Sorry we missed out, sounds like a lot of fun to be had.

Happened to me too a couple of nights ago. I was setting up for sound check, took my AX8 out and the other band's dude spotted it and said he has the same. I told him that I got the AX8 for gigging, still have an AF2 at home. He nodded and said he has the same situation. Then we talked about cab packs. :p

Here's a shot from the show last night. I'm on stage left, and you can just barely see that familiar green screen peeking out from behind me.
Was trying to get to your show last night, but events directed us differently. Sorry we missed out, sounds like a lot of fun to be had.
It would have been great to see you. We're out of town for a bit, but will be playing the Triple Door in June.

That's really cool. I haven't played a gig with another Fractal owner yet.
It was a first for me. Usually I wind up (1) explaining what my rig even is, and then (2) offering a test drive to other guitarists. It does seem like more people are becoming aware of the AxeFX, and are familiar with the wide range of top-tier players who use one.

Usually I wind up (1) explaining what my rig even is, and then (2) offering a test drive to other guitarists. It does seem like more people are becoming aware of the AxeFX, and are familiar with the wide range of top-tier players who use one.
A-yup. That's a typical gig for me too!

Actually, last weekend in Sausalito the guitarist from other band remembered I was going to bring the AX8 out with me this time around and was asking about it when I walked in the door. I figured that was progress!

I don't know where you are in Seattle,. but we have a Modeler Day at a Studio down in Sumner. Got a few Fractal fans who show up to it.

Here's a shot from the show last night. I'm on stage left, and you can just barely see that familiar green screen peeking out from behind me.
It would have been great to see you. We're out of town for a bit, but will be playing the Triple Door in June.

Cool, I'd enjoy that a lot. (Will sync w/ you "offline" as well. Appreciate the advice you offered.)

I don't know where you are in Seattle,. but we have a Modeler Day at a Studio down in Sumner. Got a few Fractal fans who show up to it.
I had no idea this existed. I'd be interested in knowing when the next occurrence is.

Next one is in the middle of May. Once we get things finalized, I'll post about it here. I'm trying to get it to happen on a schedule, but so far it's been hard to pin that down.

Back
Top Bottom