AxeFX + BKP = Raunchy Marshall!

Dude that sounds amazing little lynch in there .how many rythm tracks and leads do ya do super big sounding

Thanks! Rhythm is two tracks panned hard left and right with one track right down the middle mixed much lower, lead is just the one track.

Did you use the Ownhammer scumback IR also?
Which one did you use?

Thanks in advance! :)

Its the M75 with the SM57 in position 3 I believe.

Holy shit dude, that is so professional sounding. I hear a lot of great things about those Bareknuckle pickups. Do you think that patch would still sound good with passive Duncan Distortions?

Thanks very much! I'm sure the patch would sound killer with any decent humbucker, SD distortions included. The Ownhammer impulse is really the key to the overall tone.

Hey Valtiel, excellent work! lovin the tone. I have been really thinkin about getting the rebel yells for my petrucci BFR. I currently have the stock dimarzio liquifire/crunchlab but am not happy with the sounds. I miss the brightness and clarity (largely due to my other guitar that has a basswood body/maple neck) the BFR is alder wood/maple top and mahogany neck with rosewood fretboard. The combo of the woods (quite dense and absorb lots) and the rolled off highs from the crunchlab are leavin me unsatisfied. do you think the rebel yells would overall brighten up my sound given the woods used on my guitar? anyone else as well...i would love some input on this...don't mean to hijack this by any means but the 'rebel yell' content was screamin at me.

cheers,

Hey Valtiel, excellent work! lovin the tone. I have been really thinkin about getting the rebel yells for my petrucci BFR. I currently have the stock dimarzio liquifire/crunchlab but am not happy with the sounds. I miss the brightness and clarity (largely due to my other guitar that has a basswood body/maple neck) the BFR is alder wood/maple top and mahogany neck with rosewood fretboard. The combo of the woods (quite dense and absorb lots) and the rolled off highs from the crunchlab are leavin me unsatisfied. do you think the rebel yells would overall brighten up my sound given the woods used on my guitar? anyone else as well...i would love some input on this...don't mean to hijack this by any means but the 'rebel yell' content was screamin at me.

cheers,

Thanks!

I think the Rebel Yell could work well for you there, it'll probably a bit cooler in terms of output compared to the Crunchlab however. Have you tried flipping the Crunchlab so the bar is facing the bridge assuming its currently facing the neck?

Last edited:
Thanks!

I think the Rebel Yell could work well for you there, it'll probably a bit cooler in terms of output compared to the Crunchlab however. Have you tried flipping the Crunchlab so the bar is facing the bridge assuming its currently facing the neck?

yeah i looked into rotating the bridge pup around but not enough lead wire...im not so handy with electronics so would have to get a tech to extend the wire, and may not see a huge difference--
for reference i found this clip awhile ago where someone tested this very thing. if you're interested here it is showing the difference with the bar facing bridge vs. facing the neck: YouTube - ‪Di Marzio Crunch Lab - Backwards Or Not?‬‏

tell me if you hear a discernible difference...i tried to watch the clip without listening to his description of what he was doing so as not to bias my ears to hear what my brain thought they should be hearing..know what i mean?:)

Last edited:
Loving it, dude.

I'm currently 2 weeks away from finishing a custom 8 string baritone with BK Warpigs and a Kahler trem unit.

Hope to post picks and sound samples when it's done. :D

Back
Top Bottom