AxeFx/Atomic Reactor FR Wedges Live Gig VIDEO

Mark Day

FAS Artist-in-Residence
Fractal Audio Systems
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yk_W48XdyWE&fmt=22

The mix sound is not so great....this was at the beginning of the night so there wasn't a whole lot of subs pumping so the kick and bass are a little lost in the mix...but this is about the snax not the other bastards in the band...lol.

The drummer is singing in case you were wondering...sorry about the shakey quality of the video. Used the Edirol R09-HR for the audio. Plenty of clams too :(.

This was the first weekend I used the Atomic Reactor FR wedges.
I discovered that the wedge has an ext speaker out which worked great with my Dunlop talkbox and I only had to run 1 cable instead of the usual 2.

I have a few more tunes to upload later tomorrow as well.

BTW this is a cover of Ask The Lonely by Journey.

Mark
[youtube]Yk_W48XdyWE[/youtube]

gittarzann said:
Sounds great Mark...as usual :)

So was this your Uber patch ?

Yes this is my Uber patch...:)
Thanks gz!!

Mark

Once again Mark...AMAZING!! Brilliant playing, amazing tone, class band...i'm a fan! :p Wish you guys lived in my neck of the woods ;)

So do you like the wedges better than the cab? Initial first impressions?

Deltafit said:
Once again Mark...AMAZING!! Brilliant playing, amazing tone, class band...i'm a fan! :p Wish you guys lived in my neck of the woods ;)

So do you like the wedges better than the cab? Initial first impressions?

The wedges are aimed at my face, yet they can still be put on their ends ala Dweezil.....best of both worlds :)

Thanks for the very kind words!

Mark

Great video Mark!

I know that you use output 2 on your patches with cab emulation. Is this the sound we're hearing FOH or are you sending the signal from the Atomics?

Keep up the good work!

Lightningboy said:
Great video Mark!

I know that you use output 2 on your patches with cab emulation. Is this the sound we're hearing FOH or are you sending the signal from the Atomics?

Keep up the good work!

OUT 2 has NO cab sims. OUT 2 goes to regular guitar cabs. OUT 1 has cab and mic sims and goes to wedges, from the wedges it goes to FOH.

So what you are hearing is OUT 1 with cab sims going to the PA from the parallel outs on the wedges (same as OUT 1 signal)

Mark

Hi Mark,

great as always...
2 Things:
-can you now post your presets ?
-do you think one wedge is enough ?
OK, 3rd ;-)
-how you are monitoring drums, bass, and vocals ?
Extra wedge ?
or do you mix it in the atomics ?

Regards

Peter

FlyingV said:
Hi Mark,

great as always...
2 Things:
-can you now post your presets ?
-do you think one wedge is enough ?
OK, 3rd ;-)
-how you are monitoring drums, bass, and vocals ?
Extra wedge ?
or do you mix it in the atomics ?

Regards

Peter

I just got my Mac back so I'm a little behind in everything....life basically stopped for a week so I must catch up :)

I think in a lot of applications 1 would be plenty loud enough, but damn I love stereo :)

I monitor vocals, kick, snare, keys in my vocal wedge. On a stage this small I just put vocals and keys in the monitors. The bass player and drummer play plenty loud enough for me to hear them :)

Mark

Sounds Great, Mark !! Nice woody chunk in your tone !
Drummer has a cool voice too... and EVERYbody sings,,, that is awesome !!

On the setup side... so you are using 3 monitors ? ( 2 Atomic wedges & 1 regular monitor ) ?

and I don't think there CAN be "too much gain" !! LOL

flyingfadr said:
Sounds Great, Mark !! Nice woody chunk in your tone !
Drummer has a cool voice too... and EVERYbody sings,,, that is awesome !!

On the setup side... so you are using 3 monitors ? ( 2 Atomic wedges & 1 regular monitor ) ?

and I don't think there CAN be "too much gain" !! LOL

I am using 3 monitors ( 2 Atomic wedges & 1 regular monitor )
One Atomic wedge is at my side and 1 in front with my vocal monitor.

Mark

Mark I had a couple of questions about your video. I assume all the atomic monitors are facing you. Are you running the axe fx straight into the PA for the audience? also, could you tip the wedges on their sides and just use them as guitar cabs behind you, for a small venue where stuff is not miked. Is this not advisable for some reason to do this? I play smaller places where only the singer is miked to the PA.

Thanks

JohnBee said:
Mark I had a couple of questions about your video. I assume all the atomic monitors are facing you. Are you running the axe fx straight into the PA for the audience? also, could you tip the wedges on their sides and just use them as guitar cabs behind you, for a small venue where stuff is not miked. Is this not advisable for some reason to do this? I play smaller places where only the singer is miked to the PA.

Thanks

I am running the AxeFx direct to PA/FOH from the parallel OUTS on the wedges. They sound great on their sides.

I had one in front of me like a monitor and the other slightly behind me on my right side for lack of room up front...it made a nice balance :)

Mark

Back
Top Bottom