AxeFX and RAC-12 mounted in powered monitor cab? nextgen combo?

6stringscott

Inspired
Hi gang, I've got AxeFX II XL + MFC-101 Mark III + RAC-12, very happy with it. I also bought Axe8 a while back, and I've been on the path toward my ultimate gig rig based on Ax8 with outboard reverb unit to save CPU for more flexible patches. I only want to keep one of these rigs.

The main argument against the more powerful setup was mobility, hauling stuff for weekly rehearsals and occasional shows. But as of today, I'm out of the band I've been in, will most likely be playing at home in between my focus on day job and family and other life stuff for the next year. This pushes me back toward keeping the more powerful setup at home, less mobility issues.

But... when I get back in a band again at some point, the mobility thing will come up again. So. Who has mounted an AxeFX (and optionally RAC-12) into the top strip of a powered cabinet, to make it more like an old 1x12 or 2x12 open back cab with the amp strip on top? Any pictures?

How well would this hold up to vibrations from rolling around on casters/furniture dolly on a weekly basis? I'm trying to find a way to make the AxeFX II XL and MFC-101 and a powered monitor have basically the same portability (i.e. number of trips to carry-in or carry-out) as an Ax8 and powered monitor.

Do a search on XiTone. Mick (from XiTone) has made a few custom units like that.

Back
Top Bottom