AxeFX and Elevenrack

hydesg

Hi guys,
I have all 3, AxeFX ULTRA, 2 and the Elevenrack, and am wondering how should I go about connecting them together.
I would like to use the Elevenrack as the audio interface to my computer and record using Adobe Audition / Protools.

Would this work? any suggestions to make better full use of all 3 rack devices?
AxeFX Ultra Output 2 L & R to Elevenrack Line input L & R
AxeFX Ultra Output 1 L& R to Elevenrack FX loop return
AxeFX Ultra Input 1 L& R to Elevenrack FX loop send
AxeFX 2 AES/EBU out to Elevenrack AES/EBU in
Elevenrack main output L & R to 2 x Mackie HD1221

Thanks!

axe-fx-ii-rear-back-panel-large__87974_zoom.jpg

FractalAxeFX_03.jpg

137946d1254163604-eleven-rack-elevenrack_fntbk_lg_19726.jpg

20130323_205242_zpsb5c42ea7.jpg

how do you plan on using all the devices together, assuming they were connected already?

digitial out to digital in on the digidesign. That should work. Not sure you can connect both at the same time unless you do it not digital on one and digital on the other. Or a combo of SPDIF and the digital. Interesting setup. Why do you need to always have both connected?

Im keeping the ultra n 11r because im using the ultra as an effects only processor for my tube amps and 11r as an interface for recording.

I think the effects in the 11rack are awful and not even as good as the guitar effects in amplitube/guitar rig/etc...

Given that- I would say run the 11r in the effects loop of the axe you're using for effects- and only use the 11r for amps/preamps/cabs. The main outs would then come from the axe- you can use the axe for stereo post amp effects and get a much better sound.

I also think having an Axe II sitting around while using the Ultra for effects only is like taking a golf cart up a mountain and leaving your jeep or truck in the garage.

The effects in the II are significantly better- I suspect if Fractal makes a cheaper effects only unit- the ultra will go and you'll be better off buying the new unit.

If you're looking for something effects only and you want great sounding effects just to run your tube amps with (or 11r) sell the Ultra and get a G-System, G-Force or G-Major 2.

You're better off doing that if you don't want to own and run two II's

I would just use the Axe FX II for everything: FX processor for your tube amps and an interface. It's hands down a superior unit. If you want to keep the Ultra for extra processing power/backup, fine. Dump the Eleven Rack and pick up an RME Fireface 800 or UA Apollo for your interface needs.

If you're running Protools 9 or higher version, you can use whatever hardware you want. Axe FX USB recording is the best option.

I own both the II and ER as well. I have tried a few different options, but the method that works best for me is putting the II in the effects loop of the ER(ER send ->II rear input 1, II output 1 -> ER return). I basically then keep the ER on one preset with the loop engaged using all amps and effects from the II, but get the recording capabilities (extra inputs, PT low latency mode integration, re-amping in the mix) of the ER. Additionally, I have my ER hooked up to my studio monitors and the II hooked up to my 12" FRFR. This way I can plug into the guitar input on the ER for recording (having II input set to rear & output 1 @ max) or plug into the front input on the II (II input set to front and output 1 used as overall output) and bypass the ER when not recording. Just remember to roll that output 1 back when switching! Hope this helped ya.

I owned all three as well. I only have the AXE FX II, that's all I need. I didn't like the tones of the 11 Rack and the Ultra was too hard for 'me' to dial in ...

Back
Top Bottom