Axefest 2019 + AX8 ..... what do people think is coming?

ben ifin

Experienced
Hey all !

More curious than anything but now that I have paid for my AX8 - Im getting it after my colleagues last show with it next weekend - what do people think we will see or get - if anything at all - from next weekends Axefest (?)

I may be being optimistic, but I reckon we will see a new FW update even if a "new" AX8 is shown / announced.

What do others think ?

Ben

Last edited:
I am hoping for an AXE-FX III „light“, e.g. a successor of the AX8. Best thing ever would be something like Line 6’s HX Stomp with Fractal’s Ares technology. And I am hoping to get my hands on one without having to wait for 6 months or even longer... well, one can dream. ;-)

I think everyone is expecting that HX stomp type unit or AX8 successor.

Similarly I'm expecting an AX8 firmware shortly after.

Would be funny though if FAs screwed with everyone's minds and released something totally unexpected....like a vocal preamp or a hand controller or stompbox or something :p

Was there ever a FAS product announced on Axefest?

Dont know about prior Axefest's but there seems to have been a lot of hints / "maybe"-suggestions that a "mystery" product may make its debut at this years Axefest.

Timing wise, a new "AX8" or major new AX8 FW [ last FW was > 7 months ago ] or both would not be un-reasoanble i.m.o ... but its all just forum speculation at this time ... only a week until we'll know one way or the other.

Ben

Hmm could be an FRFR

A stomp type box would be killer though especially if it had the 6
Dual function Buttons from FC6
And a couple of simple layouts
Perform1 FX looper
8 blocks

Maybe an announcement that FAS has been sold to Yamaha/Line6 followed by an exterior/interior video presentation of Cliff's new Super Yacht at it's mooring in Monaco with live music accompaniment provided by rather forlorn looking Fractal using guitar artists wearing t-shirts saying 'Byeee .... Ask for a f***ing Klon now!'. :smilingimp:

Maybe an announcement that FAS has been sold to Yamaha/Line6 followed by an exterior/interior video presentation of Cliff's new Super Yacht at it's mooring in Monaco with live music accompaniment provided by rather forlorn looking Fractal using guitar artists wearing t-shirts saying 'Byeee .... Ask for a f***ing Klon now!'. :smilingimp:
SAY WHAT ???????????

I think it will be.... Ax8 firmware 10.02, that will have a more realistic modeling of the early reflection factors of the negative bias Dynamics between the values of 4 and 6.5 for the bad cat amp's high gain channel.

ding ding ding....I believe we have the winner:cool:

Hopefully an AX8 replacement.

And it was announced a while ago so maybe the roadmap changed since then, but a more fully featured load box was supposed to come out sometime. Maybe at this Axefest.

Back
Top Bottom