Wish AxeEdit3: dedicated window instead of regular popup menu

gpz

Experienced
..mainly for amps and cabs.

Because of the very large choice of amps and cabs, choosing a particular type pops up a ridiculously huge menu.
Depending on where the application resides on the screen and where the mouse click takes place, the displayed menu might be partially hidden and has to provide scrolling accessors.

On the other hand, the new "Presets" window is very well designed. It has enough room to present 128 items. It even provides a search box which is a killer feature.

I would suggest that the same window concept (as well as the search box if possible) be used for selecting amps and cabs instead of regular popup menus.

Thank you!

It would also be very cool if the search feature would search meta-data or a notes file for each amp that is user-editable. For example, if I could put "Bogner" in the notes for the Shiver or Euro models, etc...

It would also be very cool if the search feature would search meta-data or a notes file for each amp that is user-editable. For example, if I could put "Bogner" in the notes for the Shiver or Euro models, etc...

The meta-data idea is a good one, particularly given the sometimes cryptic and/or humorous names amps have in the Axe.

+1, a windows with a tree selector for amp and cab choice would be useful and practice
sort by brand name for amp and size or model for cab's.

Also, is it possible to have another bank D (or other) for user preset to prevent erasings during reception of minor updates banks?

This is already on the official planner for both Amps and Cabs. We'll use the preset-picker GUI element with a horizontal scroll-bar.

It will include the search filter control but there is no way we could do Meta-Data as the actual values shown are stored only in the Axe-Fx and passed as strings.
I suppose we could include a small table of "equivalencies" (EG. "Class-A" = "Vox") ....but that seems like icing on a cake for which the flour is still in the bag on the shelf at the store.

As for Bank D.... No, the onboard memory is limited. You have the onboard Flash ROM for this!

Back
Top Bottom