AxeEdit from iPad

Jleavitt

Inspired
This has probably been posted before, I don't recall seeing it.

You can use AxeEdit from your iPad by:
1) Installing a remote desktop program like Jump Desktop on your iPad (it's not free, currently $14.99)
2) Set it all up, following the directions provided by Jump
3) Start AxeEdit on your Mac (or PC)
4) Start Jump Desktop on your iPad and connect
5) AxeEdit shows on your iPad, you can control it! (it's really running on your computer but you're remoting to it)

I did have to set up a gmail account. I did have to install the client portion on my Mac.

All the controls work, I full screened AxeEdit on my Mac and it's full screen on the iPad. I don't know why I didn't think of this sooner.
Probably not for everyone, if your curious just send me a message.

I'm using this method since I bought AFX. The only difference is software - I prefer TeamViewer, it's free for private use.

I use logmein. It's about $80 a year to connect an iPad to two remote computers. The computers can
can also talk to each other. Logmein customer support is top notch.

This has probably been posted before, I don't recall seeing it.

You can use AxeEdit from your iPad by:
1) Installing a remote desktop program like Jump Desktop on your iPad (it's not free, currently $14.99)
2) Set it all up, following the directions provided by Jump
3) Start AxeEdit on your Mac (or PC)
4) Start Jump Desktop on your iPad and connect
5) AxeEdit shows on your iPad, you can control it! (it's really running on your computer but you're remoting to it)

But... where should I connect the Axe? Pc or iPad through a USB converter?

I'm using this method since I bought AFX. The only difference is software - I prefer TeamViewer, it's free for private use.

This forum never ceases to amaze me.
Never thought of remoting using the ipad and to be honest , I didn't know it was possible.
Just installed Team Viewer on my old crappy Win Vista machine not expecting it to work and holy crap!!! I'm controlling Axe Edit with my ipad!
Works and responds great.
And it's free!

After reading this, and knowing that there is upcoming support for control of Studio One 3 via iPad, well, dammit, looks like I'm getting an iPad soon.

I've been longing for something that enables connectivity between the iPad and axe edit..what connections do you need to the ipad..or is it connected wirelessly?..any chance of some screen shots or is there anything up and running on YouTube...sounds great.

FYI - Jump Desktop is also available for Android devices for $9.99. I should be able to use it with my Galaxy Tab 10. Great tablet and much cheaper than an iPad.

Just installed Team Viewer on my old crappy Win Vista machine not expecting it to work and holy crap!!! I'm controlling Axe Edit with my ipad!
Glad you like it ;)

To be honest I've been using remote desktop software for eons, but it always has been VNC. Last year my buddy told me about Team Viewer and... that was shock. This bitch can not only play video files on one computer to watch it on another one (with decent sound!), BUT even copy/paste files between two computers via Internet :eek: Extremely useful software, even for musicians... as it turned out to be :lol

Ok, I just don't get this.......you still have to hook your Axe to your PC? Why not just edit at the PC? Whats the advantage to this? I'm just not seeing it......

If you're standing at a mic stand with your guitar around your neck you can access the tablet clipped to your stand.
Convenience really.
I would never play with Axe edit during a gig but for rehearsal this is great for me.

Back
Top Bottom