Axe3...ORDERED.

...can’t wait for it to get here. Now to sell my AX8 (with road case), Axe2xl+ (with interface panel and 5-space rack) and MFC-101 (with magnetic labels and Pedal Train pedalboard with case)...buy a 6-space rack and get a new interface panel...then wait patiently to get an FC controller or two.

Have you guys had any luck selling locally or are you usually having to ship your units?

Once the checks start rolling in from my new job I’ll buy a backup Axe3 and I’m locked in for the next decade. I turn 50 in September. If I end up being able to hear the difference between this and Axe4 when I turn 60, then maybe I’ll upgrade then.

...can’t wait for it to get here. Now to sell my AX8 (with road case), Axe2xl+ (with interface panel and 5-space rack) and MFC-101 (with magnetic labels and Pedal Train pedalboard with case)...buy a 6-space rack and get a new interface panel...then wait patiently to get an FC controller or two.

Have you guys had any luck selling locally or are you usually having to ship your units?

Once the checks start rolling in from my new job I’ll buy a backup Axe3 and I’m locked in for the next decade. I turn 50 in September. If I end up being able to hear the difference between this and Axe4 when I turn 60, then maybe I’ll upgrade then.
Prepare to have your mind blown (something you may be used to if your username is any indication..)..I like the way you think..Last year, I sold my Mark II AXeFX (shipped a couple states away ) on reverb in a half hour..but I lowballed...and someone got a very good deal. I think there may be more of this happening............

All my equipment sales have been online, but I live in a more suburban area without a huge music market. I’ve had nearly all good experiences with it, so no big deal. I’m also considering a second III in the future, but scarcity is probably more preventing the move than common sense. :)

Zero takers in the Tampa area for me, had to do reverb and pay shipping and transaction fees

Can always try local first, just comes down to an issue of the seller and buyer being in the same area, which sometimes happens but odds aren’t it doesn’t

Just out of curiosity, where do you live and how much are you asking for the axe2 and mcf setup?

I sold my XL on the forum classified’s the first week the III was announced. I sold it to a guy in France. He offered to pay for shipping so I had no problem doing it. Was happy to get it sold before the fire sale of XL’s and II’s started.

Just out of curiosity, where do you live and how much are you asking for the axe2 and mcf setup?

I live in Portland, OR. Not sure what the market is like right now but I’m including the rack and interface and I’m considering letting the Pedaltrain pedalboard and hard case go with the MFC-101. Let me look up the prices and get back to me or shoot me a message with an offer and I’ll consider it. :)

I live in Portland, OR. Not sure what the market is like right now but I’m including the rack and interface and I’m considering letting the Pedaltrain pedalboard and hard case go with the MFC-101. Let me look up the prices and get back to me or shoot me a message with an offer and I’ll consider it. :)

You live in larger area. Might get a buyer locally. List on CL and see what happens.
You will probably have to sell online though. Start here. Go to The Gear Page. Reverb is not as big a ripoff as Ebay.

Last edited:
You probably have a bit of a market up there for local sale. I'm down in Klamath Falls, so there's only like 2 people in town who would even know what to do with one of those things, and the best player I've heard is one of those guys that leaves the delay on and the exact same sound for the whole song... all the way through. He's a really good player, but definitely not a sound engineer. LOL

I've had zero bites on craigslist or eBay. I put it up Thursday. But I sold two Mesa/Boogie cabs with EV 12L 12" speakers right off the bat on CL.

So I was thinking of asking $1000 for the AX8 with case and $1700 or $1800 for the Axe2xl+ with the MFC-101, 5-space rack and interface panel (gives you front panel access to the rear panel features and Speakon connectors for a poweramp...very handy)...plus shipping.

Does that sound about right to you guys?

Last edited:
Basically this without the poweramp, rack power supply, the expression pedals and Boss switches...may include the Pedaltrain if it ends up being the difference between $1700 and $1800. The Pedaltrain also comes with an anvile style hard roadcase.

F86904D4-69CE-4427-9A3A-C7CACE21AF06.jpeg

It sounds good to me. I'm asking for $1,700 for a IIXL+ in mint, pristine condition. No takers. eBay, CL and Reverb Although I've had a couple of low ball bids on Reverb. I've never used them before. I just signed up the same time I listed. Two offers for $1,100. Nope.

Basically this without the poweramp, rack power supply, the expression pedals and Boss switches...may include the Pedaltrain if it ends up being the difference between $1700 and $1800. The Pedaltrain also comes with an anvile style hard roadcase.

View attachment 46005
It’s tempting but I decided to hold out and wait the 10-12 weeks for the axe 3. I got on the waitlist the first day but at 8:30 pm.

I also live in pdx and I sold my Axe II XL + MFC in less than a month, so . . .

Congrats on the new III!

It sounds good to me. I'm asking for $1,700 for a IIXL+ in mint, pristine condition. No takers. eBay, CL and Reverb Although I've had a couple of low ball bids on Reverb. I've never used them before. I just signed up the same time I listed. Two offers for $1,100. Nope.
You can get a brand new one for $1699 right now, so unless you're including the MFC, I'm thinking that price is too high.

How many did you buy? (remember you said you may buy more than 1)

I only ended up getting the one because I just started a new job and my invite came before my first paycheck arrived so I had to put it on my card. If the link lets me go back and purchase a second one in a couple of weeks I’ll buy a second one then, otherwise I’ll have to wait until the list dies down and purchase one when they are more readily available.

Back
Top Bottom