Axe3 and Apollo Twin recording issue

SubKrypt

Hi - I've just started getting into recording so apologies if this is an obvious issue. I've connected my Axe fx 3 to the Apollo via the optical input and have been trying to record a guitar track to an already recorded drum and bass track. After I recorded the guitar track I noticed major phasing issues happening. The problem turned out to be that the drum and bass tracks were somehow also in the guitar track. So if I mute the actual bass and drum track and just play the guitar track I can actually hear all 3 instruments playing in the guitar track. I have no idea why this is happening! Can anyone provide any help? Thanks a lot

you’re leaving out a lot of info that would help us help you - what OS you’re using, what DAW, etc.

therefore i can only answer in broad terms: you’re somehow sending the audio from the other tracks back in to the guitar track. could be happening in the DAW, in the Apollo, or in the axe.

If you use the Apollo with SPDIF, the output on the apollo gets both the SPDIF input and whatever is being fed into it from the DAW to the monitors. If you're using the output of the Apollo fed into the input of the DAW on whatever channel you armed you'll get all three tracks. Make sure the input inside the DAW is each of the separate inputs from the Apollo.

For example, in the Apollo X4, Arming tracks with inputs 1-4 feed from the main four unison inputs, but arming the tracks with inputs 5 & 6 are the Spdif inputs Left & Right.

If you want to see how the inputs are mapped in the Apollo, open up console and in the bottom right corner hit "settings" then hit i/o matrix. It will tell you which track is armed and where it is sending to in the DAW.

Back
Top Bottom