Axe2 Preset building

Clarky, could you post the preset you mentioned in post #670?

thank you

just been thinking about this…
the only way this preset will work properly will be if I drop in the MFC sysex image with it
this could be kinda fiddly for you cos my MFC config is very customised so it may not be compatible with your own preset's MIDI CC setup
getting any modifiers you've already set up in your own presets to work with my MFC config and vice versa could be very time consuming for you

I have a mk1 Axe-II and a mk1 MFC with 3 XP pedals

you still up for this??

here's a preset
View attachment Syb02 St18a.syx

unfortunately, the MFC image exceeds the allowable file size so I can't upload it

you can email me a paulclark@rocketmail.com for the MFC image
or you can manually config the MFC as follows:

EDIT: MIDI
IA1: Scene1 ‘Riff’ [the IA switch ‘name’ is set in EDIT: SETUP]
Type=NONE, c1: CC#:20 / min=000, max=000, c2: CC#:34 / min=000, max000

IA2: Scene2 ‘Solo’
Type=NONE, c1: CC#:20 / min=127, max=127, c2: CC#:34 / min=001, max001

IA3: Scene3 ‘Clean’
Type=NONE, c1: CC#:20 / min=127, max=127, c2: CC#:34 / min=002, max002

IA4: Scene4 ‘Scene4’
Type=NONE, c1: CC#:20 / min=127, max=127, c2: CC#:34 / min=003, max003

IA5: Scene5 ‘Scene5’
Type=NONE, c1: CC#:20 / min=127, max=127, c2: CC#:34 / min=004, max004

Note: the MIDI commands c1 and c2 [used for the CC number, and the min / max values] are set up on different pages within EDIT: MIDI
c1 controls the modifier Extern05
c2 selects the scene

IA10: PHASER1
Phaser note: on scene2 'solo', the phaser will X/Y switch to Y and become a vibe
[cos in the solo scene, with XP1 heel down and the vibe on, I like goofing with that thing Hendrix does at the start of Machine Gun]

XP1 CC#16 [tone morph pedal]
XP2 CC#17 [wah pedal]
XP4 CC#10 [input volume]

To link the IA switches used to change scenes
EDIT: SETUP
LinkA 01 02 03 04 05

I think this is everything you need
I do have a lot of other custom config in the MFC, but it's not applicable to driving this preset

XP1 behaviours
Scene1, 2 and 4 will morph "cleaner" but not pristine clean [just how I set this preset up]
Scene3 morphs in the pitch shifter [which is in this case a very subtle chorus - I've not finished working on this part of the preset]
Scene5 morphs in the pitch and a delay

Clarky's get out of free card:
this is an experimental preset that I'm still working on… for this one, the tone is less important to me than the control aspects..
so I'll dial it right in another time [either when I have time or when I have an impending need]
if the preset sounds like shite, it's cos it's been eq'd to work ok well in my headphones [which is how I mostly practice]..
it sounds pretty ok through my studio monitors [but a little on the dark side of my taste… but it's ok for now]
the live version of this particular preset has not been built yet [because I'm still in the process of noodling this series of presets]
if the preset sounds pretty good then your monitoring must be similar to mine
if the preset sounds jaw dropping, your monitoring is different to mine.. lmao

Last edited:
Clarky, many thanks for posting the preset. No, I don't have any MFC but I'll try and play with the preset.

best regards

if your controller cannot have 2 MIDI commands assigned to an IA, the preset may behave a little strange when you switch scenes
but scene1 should be ok.. so you'll at least be able to see how the tone morphing works..
then maybe you can get some ideas from it to experiment with..
if you need help / suggestions just shout matey..

something I forgot to mention about that preset

if you want to change the amount of gain when the tone is 'cleaned', go into the FILTER block that is active on that scene, you'll see a modifier assigned to the level control
and reduce the min value
not that on scene1 'riff', two filter blocks are active, one for AMP1 and the other for AMP2. if you change them by roughly the same amount, both amps will clean up more.
if when the tone is 'cleaned' it loses too much level, you'll see that a PEQ is active in that scene [connected to the MIXER block. Raising the level of the PEQ will raise the level of the cleaned tone. This PEQ is also used to fix-up the EQ of the cleaned tone so you can boost any hi's or lo's the go missing from further cleaning..

and likewise, if you want the cleaned to be a little dirtier [crunch <- -> riff] then the min levels in the FILTER blocks can be raised, the PEQ 'boosting' and EQ fixing up can be reduced..

so... for those of you that have this preset and have managed to get it working properly [via the MFC config].. make a copy of the preset and goof with it..

I'm curious... did anyone manage to get that preset to work??

or did it melt down your reactor core?

I haven't had a chance to load 'er up yet ....

Hopefully tonight after I get the lawn mowed, garbage out, kids fed ..., etc; etc; ( I think you get the point ) !

Life would be good if it weren't for all the damn responsibilities right now !

I sold my kids off to one of the science experiment places...
that took care of all my responsibilities [apart from taking out the trash and mowing the lawn]

for anyone goofing with the preset I uploaded
amp2 is a Herbert ch3 and it's changed a bit
it's a bit gainer and has less level

corrections:
amp2
level=1.0
input-drive=6.5

the Herbert don't clean up quite the same so to get it to match the 5153Red
FILTER2
level modifier: min=40.6

this preset absolutely screams in Quantum01

Quantum01 seems to have really hit the Diezels hard...
and in the best possible way too...
especially the VH4..

those of you that have been following my ramblings in this thread from the start would have seen the Diezel switching from DAS Metal, to VH4, to Herbert, to VH4, to Herbert [and so on], depending upon which one came out on top with each successive FW drop...

I have a funny feeling that the Herbert ch4 may be getting replaced [yet again] with the VH4ch4 [yet again]..

so.. when I get a spare mo.. I'll be doing a little Shakespeare...

"To VH4... or not to VH4... that is the question"

hahaaaaa..... just as I come to the conclusion that the VH4 tips a can of 'butt whoop' all over the Herbert in fw Q01.00..
I see in the fw Q01.01 release notes that the Herbert has had some corrections made to it..
and they sound very nice too..

I guess I need to compare these guys again.. lmao

whoop and counter whoop...

ahhh... now I'm in trouble...
I love them both but for different reasons...

I've come to the conclusion that Quantum 01.01 has one fatal flaw..
it's gone and made everything sound amazing to the point where I can't make a decision..

it never occurred to me that something could be too good at absolutely everything and this in itself could actually be a problem.. lmao

Now that I'm up on Q01.02, I have one major thing to sort out [when I've completed the session work I'm working on right now]

switch all of my delays over to the new BBD model
because it is absolutely beautiful and has everything I look for in the voicing of a delay..

Now that I'm up on Q01.02, I have one major thing to sort out [when I've completed the session work I'm working on right now]

switch all of my delays over to the new BBD model
because it is absolutely beautiful and has everything I look for in the voicing of a delay..

up on Q01.04 now
the delays have been switched from analog stereo to stereo BBD
sounds absolutely beautiful

You're in for a treat. I'm curious to see whether you find a new favorite amp.
I have gigs coming up and so I'm inclined not to rock the boat

however, I am in the process of working on a new album that is a little different to the usual stuff I do..
for this, I'm thinking to deliberately avoid all my stock choices and head for completely new pastures..

Back
Top Bottom