Axe XL+ won't start up after firmware update

I updated to 7.02 with Fractal-Bot first day I got the unit no problem. F-B is super easy, if you're not using it....

I updated to 7.02 with Fractal-Bot first day I got the unit no problem. F-B is super easy, if you're not using it....

There is no other way to load the firmware that I am aware of, so it's an obvious assumption that the OP is using Fractal Bot.

Since you are fairly new, you may not realize that sometimes the firmware update fails in a bad way. On the XL and newer products there is a built-in failsafe. On the older ones, you have to order and install a replacement chip from Fractal.

Edit: thinking about this more, I think you can load firmware with a generic sysex tool and some front panel button presses, but I have not heard of anyone here doing that before.

Last edited:
T...

Since you are fairly new... I think you can load firmware with a generic sysex too....

Just askin'....cause I read somewhere here about sysex install...Fractal-Bot install should be a matter of course.....

Being new, I was pleasantly surprised with the software side of things at Fractal. Everything went smoothly: installs, update, integration with my DAW. Another reason Fractal is 'top of the heap'. And I have had my share of problems.....just to commiserate with OP. Hope you're up n running by now.

There is no other way to load the firmware that I am aware of, so it's an obvious assumption that the OP is using Fractal Bot.

Since you are fairly new, you may not realize that sometimes the firmware update fails in a bad way. On the XL and newer products there is a built-in failsafe. On the older ones, you have to order and install a replacement chip from Fractal.

Edit: thinking about this more, I think you can load firmware with a generic sysex tool and some front panel button presses, but I have not heard of anyone here doing that before.
You can update the Firmware with SysEx Librarian for Mac! I always use this out of habit and never have a problem.

As TieDyedDevil I've done firmware updates from the Linux command line using amidi. No problems - you just have to set the Axe-Fx to update mode using the front panel (Utility -> Firmware).

As TieDyedDevil I've done firmware updates from the Linux command line using amidi. No problems - you just have to set the Axe-Fx to update mode using the front panel (Utility -> Firmware).

Also, install (on Linux) the loader for the AFX-side MIDI-over-USB firmware...

Back
Top Bottom