Axe XL+Eventide Eclipse V4+TC 2290 help!

nambutio

Inspired
How to route the Axe FX XL, Eventide Eclipse V4 and the TC Electronic 2290 v28.05?
Ideas and opinions! Thanks in advance!

PS - I have the MFC, the Mesa Simul Class 2:90 and 2 real cabs.

Sorry for my English! :)

I would put them in the FX loop. That way you can put them anywhere in the signal chain you like.

I meant just both in serial in the Axe loop, but if that works for you, go for it. But with that setup (I'm guessing, I don't know anything about the 2290), wouldn't the eclipse then only be affecting the delays on the 2290 if you put it in the 2290's loop?

I meant just both in serial in the Axe loop, but if that works for you, go for it. But with that setup (I'm guessing, I don't know anything about the 2290), wouldn't the eclipse then only be affecting the delays on the 2290 if you put it in the 2290's loop?

You're right! It would be the wiser as you said! Thanks

I hadn't heard of the Eclipse before and looked it up. It sounds pretty sweet, especially with the 96kHz sample rate.

Put the Axe FX loop in the grid before any of the Axe's stereo effects. Then hook the 2290 to the Axe first, then out to the Eclipse.

Since the 2290 is a delay unit (that can also be used for chorus if you want), I personally wouldn't ever need to route it before anything else, so I'd route the units this way:

Input -> Axe-Fx (with Eventide in the Axe's FX loop) -> 2290 -> Output

However, I've seen a lot of racks that used to have 2290's in them now have an Axe-Fx in them where the 2290 used to be, and no more 2290 to be found anywhere. Take that for what you will.

Last edited:
Since the 2290 is a delay unit (that can also be used for chorus if you want), I personally wouldn't ever need to route it before anything else, so I'd route the units this way:

Input -> Axe-Fx (with Eventide in the Axe's FX loop) -> 2290 -> Output

However, I've seen a lot of racks that used to have 2290's in them now have an Axe-Fx in them where the 2290 used to be, and no more 2290 to be found anywhere. Take that for what you will.

The 2290 is not a true stereo device & only has a mono input so if the Eclipse is before the 2290, the Eclipse will be in mono (and so will the Axe if I understand what you mean). I still have both units as well & someday I will hook them up to the Axe. The Axe sounds great but I have no doubt that with the 2290 & Eclipse, it would sound better but it is also a LOT more to haul around!

The 2290 is not a true stereo device & only has a mono input so if the Eclipse is before the 2290, the Eclipse will be in mono (and so will the Axe if I understand what you mean). I still have both units as well & someday I will hook them up to the Axe. The Axe sounds great but I have no doubt that with the 2290 & Eclipse, it would sound better but it is also a LOT more to haul around!

I thought it would be possible to use the eventide in Fx Loop 1 (Block) and the 2290 in Fx Loop 2 (Block) of the Axe. That way I could have a better control.

I thought it would be possible to use the eventide in Fx Loop 1 (Block) and the 2290 in Fx Loop 2 (Block) of the Axe. That way I could have a better control.

There is only 1 set of physical FX loop ins & outs on the Axe. You could do it that way but both units would be in mono. You could put the Eclipse in the stereo loop of the 2290 & have more control that way.

I'd ditch the 2290. Its just making things more compicated. The 2290 delay type in the axe is really nice. Either run the axe straight into the eclipse or use the fxl block

There is only 1 set of physical FX loop ins & outs on the Axe. You could do it that way but both units would be in mono. You could put the Eclipse in the stereo loop of the 2290 & have more control that way.

The tips I received I believe that would be the best way. Thanks again!

I'd ditch the 2290. Its just making things more compicated. The 2290 delay type in the axe is really nice. Either run the axe straight into the eclipse or use the fxl block

Dear Simeon, thanks for help. It would be an option I'm thinking too.

The Eventide would be in the final chain?

Yes, must be after the AMPs from the Axe for best effect... ok, digital connection will reduce your outputs too stereo out of Eclipse. If this matters i would also put 2290 + Eventide (last) in the Axe-Fx FX Loop.

The more intereseting question is: What can the Eclipse and/or the 2290 do for you, what the Axe cannot? To me, the Axe will Substitute both units ...

Back
Top Bottom