Axe XL and JP 2C Boogie

the triaxis lead yellow and red work best for me and very easy to dial in. there's a video on youtube of his triaxis rig and at the end, you get a very clear view of his settings. use the triaxis manual to see what the dynamic voice eq settings should be and you're good to go.

All the effects in the Back-end are from the Axe-FX (delays, harmonizer, etc..). He uses different pedals in the front-end (almost all TC-Electronics this tour).

I'm surprised that he came back to the TC-1210 for chorusing.

here's the delay block, extracted from the patch...
Not sure this file is correct. Keeps asking to replace my FX8 edit?

Ok I got it to open but it pops up the stock Limelight preset?

Last edited:
not sure you're doing it right. the block file needs to be put into the appropriate folder in your block library, which is on your hard drive in the FX8 folder.

Jp and every other pro lies, use your own recipes, lol. Tone print, nice name for a preset.
I always love seeing what corporate America comes up with to reinvent the wheel. My
kid broke his arm, so I am sorry for sounding like a dick, lol.

Type = dual delay

Tempo L = 1/8 Dot

Tempo R = 20/64 (5/16)

(preset tempo = 102 bpm)

Feedback L>L = 25%

Feedback R>R = 25%

Feedback L>R = 50%

Feedback R>L = 50%

Mix ~20%

Pan L & Pan R were brought slightly toward center. Those were the only changes made from default dual delay settings.

2 Questions (Forgive my ignorance) Can someone please explain?
I have been working with this Duel Delay to learn all the different functions using the setting above and tweaking.
1) I am noticing that as the notes fade out they seam to speed up? Which knobs will keep the delay time constant until it is gone?
2) I notice there is a BPM with this lead patch. I am sure DT has songs in different bpm. Does that mean JP only uses this preset for songs with 102 bpm?
I am running through FX8 in stereo.
Thx.....

1. L>R and R>L feedback creates the denser rhythm over time. Those could be lowered but that loses most of the centered repeats. A multidelay type like quad tap or quad series might allow results closer to what you're picturing.

2. I think tempo-synced delays are rare or nonexistent on JP leads, live. He probably used the preset & delay times in that video for several songs & tempos.

Has anyone been succesful in re-creating this delay in Pro Tools with plug-ins? I'm wondering if for example Waves Multi-Tap could do it...

Back
Top Bottom