Axe XL and JP 2C Boogie

Watched it yesterday as well. great tone. I think the delay is a dual delay from axe fx II. Amps like IIC++ with any mesa cab pack (Cab Pack 7 from ML Sound Lab) or from Ownhammer will get you close. about exact delay settings, I can @simeon is the expert here on delay blocks :)

For the delay use the 2290 or the Vintage Digital, both with the Dual Delay settings.
Right Tempo: 1/4
Left Tempo: 1/8 Dot

Feedback R--->R : 35%
Feedback R--->L 35% (Play around with the values on both, but that's a good starting point)

You might want to add some modulation on the delay, JP often uses it (the 2290 already has some)

For the other values (Input Gain, Master feedback) just play around with them.
I use it in parallel 99,9% of the time.

;)

For the delay use the 2290 or the Vintage Digital, both with the Dual Delay settings.
Right Tempo: 1/4
Left Tempo: 1/8 Dot

Feedback R--->R : 35%
Feedback R--->L 35% (Play around with the values on both, but that's a good starting point)

You might want to add some modulation on the delay, JP often uses it (the 2290 already has some)

For the other values (Input Gain, Master feedback) just play around with them.
I use it in parallel 99,9% of the time.

;)

Bumping this up for simeon, to see if any of his delay settings might be similar ?

I tried these settings and I can't make it work .... The "gallop" that he has disintegrates after a few repeats ....

I tried playing with the 'individual' feedbacks, the 'master' feedback, etc; but I just can't seem to get it very close at all ....

Then the modulation is another matter too. If he's using the Axe-Fx II for his effects, it sounds like he must be using WAY more than just the delay block. Even using the 2290 block, I can't get anywhere near this modulation ....

Bumping this up for simeon, to see if any of his delay settings might be similar ?

I tried these settings and I can't make it work .... The "gallop" that he has disintegrates after a few repeats ....

I tried playing with the 'individual' feedbacks, the 'master' feedback, etc; but I just can't seem to get it very close at all ....

Then the modulation is another matter too. If he's using the Axe-Fx II for his effects, it sounds like he must be using WAY more than just the delay block. Even using the 2290 block, I can't get anywhere near this modulation ....

I know what You mean, he has way more repeats; this is just the settings that I use, based on his.
Try 50%-75% (or more) instead of 35% in the parameters page.
For the modulation, try with 35% depth on both L and R, and 2200 Hz or soemthing similar on both tempos. (maybe add 90 instead of 0 on the LF0 phase)

To have the exact settings JP should share his settings, but I doubt you can get any closer than that if he doesn't.

Sadly I don't have any guitar to plug in and try for myself, so I can only help based on what I remember/see on my screen.

I think he uses TC for delays..

Of course you'd never know for sure unless you're standing there .... But that's not what the captioning of the YouTube vid says ... ?

"JP Lead Delay is a Dual Delay ( generated by Fractal Axefx XL+ ). This delay is set for longer delay times."

Nah he uses the Axe Fx, the toneprints are for the Flashback delay TC makes.
Live is all Axe, in the Studio who knows?

That delay in the video sounds just like the multidelay in the Axe-Fx. I'm pretty sure that's what he's using.

The tone can probably be achieved with the IIC++ or USA Lead amp sim. I believe Cab Pack 7 is still the best Cab Pack for Petrucci tones. :)

Back
Top Bottom