Axe-X

GK2020

I was just wondering if Cliff would ever consider releasing a digital modeling guitar... Such an instrument properly executed with Cliff's brilliant algorithms, Fractal's amazing support and high quality building standards plus an Axe FX 2 and MFC101 would allow you to create any tone. Just imagine being able to load a preset shared by another forum user that would program the Axe FX 2 AND the guitar. No more incompatibilities due to guitars been too hot or not hot enough. Tone-matched blocks from others with the same Fractal gear could be easily exchanged and would always sound right. Imagine getting new amps, pedals and guitars almost every month!

Well one can dream...

PS: By the way I have a JTV-69, but I know Fractal could do much better if they really wanted to.

Put me on the list. I wanna go on that ride too....

Fractal software in a killer guitar!!

The problem with the current solutions is that you have to at least build a custom body around one. While the current JTVs are far nicer than the old Variax models, I already have a bunch of nice guitars so would be nice to get something like that fitted into one of them instead. You'd think nowadays a suitably powerful DSP would be available in a small enough package.

The JTVs got an update to HD modelling FW 2.0. Even though some don't like certain new models, it's gotten more natural and faster. With the ability to mix the artificial and the mag PUs there's a lot of cool sounds possible now.

I was just wondering if Cliff would ever consider releasing a digital modeling guitar... Such an instrument properly executed with Cliff's brilliant algorithms, Fractal's amazing support and high quality building standards plus an Axe FX 2 and MFC101 would allow you to create any tone. Just imagine being able to load a preset shared by another forum user that would program the Axe FX 2 AND the guitar. No more incompatibilities due to guitars been too hot or not hot enough. Tone-matched blocks from others with the same Fractal gear could be easily exchanged and would always sound right. Imagine getting new amps, pedals and guitars almost every month!

Well one can dream...

PS: By the way I have a JTV-69, but I know Fractal could do much better if they really wanted to.

I'd buy one in a heartbeat. I owned two JTV-69s - Korean and USA. The KOR model arrived with several defects that needed professional repair, plus the electronics died. The USA model played well but again, the electronics died after a month. Cliff would do much better!

Certainly something we could get into. Right now we have our hands full with several other things we are working on.

Will that Floorboard(just effects or also with some amp models?) be announced "soon"(LA Amp Show perhaps?)

It's really just a rhetorical question......I don't really expect an answer........lol

Will that Floorboard(just effects or also with some amp models?) be announced "soon"(LA Amp Show perhaps?)

It's really just a rhetorical question......I don't really expect an answer........lol

Kemper is rumored to be showing a sneak peak of Kemper II.

Not to come out of left field but I would love to see a plug-in version of the Axe. It would be great for those who want to reamp solely in the computer or that can't seem to get the USB to work for their needs. It'd also work well for guys like me who gig all the time and don't want to or can't drag around their live rig to do some recording/demo work.

It could be done like (pardon me for cursing here) Amplitube where you get the basic platform with a few basic amps and thwn you can purchase other amps ala carte'. Another awesome side effect of that could be that you could download your recording presets right into your hardware Axe FX.... I am salivating over here...

Oh man, that would be great. I have a Variax JTV59 that I like a lot, BUT I've had 2 hardware issues with it already. Now I'm too nervous to use it live anymore, which is the whole reason I bought the damn thing in the first place. The last thing happened 3 days ago and Line 6 has yet to respond to my support request. I would buy a Fractal modeling guitar in a heartbeat.

Oh man, that would be great. I have a Variax JTV59 that I like a lot, BUT I've had 2 hardware issues with it already. Now I'm too nervous to use it live anymore, which is the whole reason I bought the damn thing in the first place. The last thing happened 3 days ago and Line 6 has yet to respond to my support request. I would buy a Fractal modeling guitar in a heartbeat.

I really want a JTV- but all of these stories about the darn things breaking is what keeps scaring me away from it. Buy a nice strat, play it for the rest of your life. But will the electronics in the JTV work forever? Just makes me nervous... but all the different tunings! The acoustic sounds! Ah!

Back
Top Bottom