AnswerInfinity

Inspired
I hope this is a cool thing to post in this thread? It's always fun for me to compare these types of things unit to unit. Both are so good, but I do like the overall flexibility and sheer range of effects options on the Axe FX. For me, that sets it a step above. Anyway, a little look at the Marshall JCM 800 on both:

Do they still do upgrades for the Kemper? I get the impression its basically like 11rack, abandonware that just keeps on getting milked. Although it can be argued that when something is good from the start it doesn't need fixing.

Do they still do upgrades for the Kemper? I get the impression its basically like 11rack, abandonware that just keeps on getting milked. Although it can be argued that when something is good from the start it doesn't need fixing.

Latest update was about 10 days ago ...

To be honest, something sounds off. Both devices do not sound like a typical JCM 800. And especially the high gain clips of the Kemper sound like out of phase or something like that.

To be honest, something sounds off. Both devices do not sound like a typical JCM 800. And especially the high gain clips of the Kemper sound like out of phase or something like that.
This.

Sounds like he had the Kemper “pure cabinet” effect engaged which gives it that weird upper mid phasing issue sound. I have a Kemper for testing purposes and it can’t touch the Fractal as far as realistic sound, and more importantly, realistic feel.

There are still some, but it's nowhere near like what Fractal does.

both sounded bad, but someone will def use it to make their decision on "which is best". Blessing and curse of everyone having a platform, myself included. Not trying to be philosophical, lol...but if everyone has influence, does anyone, really?

both sounded bad, but someone will def use it to make their decision on "which is best". Blessing and curse of everyone having a platform, myself included. Not trying to be philosophical, lol...but if everyone has influence, does anyone, really?

Of course some will still have more influence then others, cause not everyone has it in them to entertain or be on the mark in their influencing. Basically the same as with musicians being able to record themselves and share their music online. And of course, in both cases, the more bands/influencers that are out there, the harder it becomes to find the really good ones.

I hear what you're saying about "blessing and curse." We see it with "the news" today, unfortunately. In most cases, I think the quality stuff eventually garners the followers and rises to the top (at least with music channels). To that end, I'm always trying to improve and do the best presentation I can. What would you recommend I do better?

So far in the short time I've used my Axe 3 - 80% of the time I've used the stock JCM800 with the EL34 scene.

Whatever settings in the video sounded AWFUL, like my fingers were in my ears/muffled.

Just the stock preset sounds amazing - better than anything in the video

So far in the short time I've used my Axe 3 - 80% of the time I've used the stock JCM800 with the EL34 scene.

Whatever settings in the video sounded AWFUL, like my fingers were in my ears/muffled.

Just the stock preset sounds amazing - better than anything in the video

The big thing for me is to try to use the same as possible cab/mic combo as the one for the Kemper Profile I chose. I'm going to start using the exact same IR for both as I do new ones.

Back
Top Bottom