AXE Ultra

Hi there, I'm new to the forum and Fractal altogether. I have just bought an Axe fx ultra and will be arriving very soon. Can anyone please tell me the best way to get it into my computer? I'm running a Guitar rig session i/o (I know it is not the best but is working for me). Like the right cables.

Thanks in advance

Welcome to the forum
smiley-greet024.gif

In simple terms, you'll need an interface which can handle audio & MIDI - it doesn't have to be a combined unit, but it keeps things tidy

From there, as MIDI carries no audio as such and is only for patch editing via Axe-Edit and patch changing, you'll need to hook up the outputs of your Ultra to the inputs of the audio interface and that can be through 1/4 jack cables, balanced XLR cables or event digital if your interface has that capability
).gif

I have looked over the manual but I'm still a little confused with my sound card. Can I plug the axe fx straight into the mic in on my guitar rig sound card. Y sound card has 2 1/4 inch inputs and 1 xlr. Like I said I'm really new to this.

Thanks

One thing to remember is that if you're going Axe-FX -> GR Session I/O you should use the front instrument input on the Axe-FX and the line level input on the GR Session I/O. Make sure the front stereo inputs on the Session I/O are set to Line and not Instrument. If it's set to Instrument you'll get a bit too much gain.

Just get a couple of XLR -> TSR cables from Monoprice

Thanks heaps for your reply. If Im going from the intrument input on the front to the input in the front of the axe fx wouldnt I need a 1/4 inch cable?

If there aer any better ways to get in to record I'm interested.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom