Axe Ultra won't connect to Axe-edit

existavail

Hey everyone I'm trying to connect my axe ultra to my axe edit but it won't connect. YES this is the first time I try using axe edit with this ultra since I've had it for years. My Ultra is version 9.03 (old I know), using a macbook, midisport uno as a midi interface. I downloaded the axe edit beta, I downloaded the midisport uno drivers for my version of mac but it still wont read it. In the axe edit software it reads the uno as an option to connect but It doesn't say its connected to the actual axe fx. I have a presonus firestudio but haven't had the chance to get some midi cables to try it out. Any thoughts on what could be the issue?

What version of axe edit are you trying?
The old Axe-Edit that works with the first gen Axes, still available in the legacy part of the downloads section.

As for what the problem might be, I'd have to fire up Axe-Edit when I get home. I use it so infrequently that off the top of my head I just have no idea.

The old Axe-Edit that works with the first gen Axes, still available in the legacy part of the downloads section.

As for what the problem might be, I'd have to fire up Axe-Edit when I get home. I use it so infrequently that off the top of my head I just have no idea.

yeah im using that version, any help would be great!

In AE MIDI settings verify that the option called "Use Standard/Ultra pre 10.02 firmware sysex ID (125)" or similar is enabled.

In AE MIDI settings verify that the option called "Use Standard/Ultra pre 10.02 firmware sysex ID (125)" or similar is enabled.

under the axe fx sysex ID option its set at 00 01 74, pre 10.02 firmware "decimal" ID:372

thats exactly what it says, no clue what any of it means haha

Change the 372 to 125, or 00 01 74 to 00 00 7D.

i did and when i press test connection still says no connection, is it midi in to out on the interface? tried both combos, i picked up some midi cables just now to try it out with my presonus firestudio but still no luck

Out ports to in ports. Are you using two MIDI cables? Does the Axe-FX MIDI In LED light at any time when trying this?

Out ports to in ports. Are you using two MIDI cables? Does the Axe-FX MIDI In LED light at any time when trying this?

I bought 2 new midi cables and looked for a older version of axe edit, i re installed the beta version and now its reading! currently in the process of trying to update to the 11 firmware. I think the main issue was changing those values you pointed out earlier! Thanks so much!!!! seriously

Back
Top Bottom