Axe Ultra Input fell Inside of housing

Any quick methods to recover an input jack that you're aware of? I was attempting to use a tool to TIGHTEN my jack now its inside of the housing and I can't even see it..

Thanks..

Got it, I wasn't removing my unit from my rack set up initially but once I pulled the Axe all the way out, I noticed the screws to remove the top panel. Is it true that the front panel Instrument input is supposed to be loose from factory?

Got it, I wasn't removing my unit from my rack set up initially but once I pulled the Axe all the way out, I noticed the screws to remove the top panel. Is it true that the front panel Instrument input is supposed to be loose from factory?

I think what you heard about the instrument input being loose was that the instrument cable connector slides in and out more easily than most folks are used to. Some wanted a tighter fit so it wouldn't accidentally unplug.

I bought a jack tightener and used it properly but I can't get it tightened up? Any suggestions to achieve that "tighter" fit??..

tight it with a small drop of glue, don't dip it into crazy glue.
a small drop of wood glue or soft glue will hold it in place.

tight it with a small drop of glue, don't dip it into crazy glue.
a small drop of wood glue or soft glue will hold it in place.

This is what Loc-Tite is for. Red is more permanent than blue is. The blue is more than sufficient for this application.

If the threads on the socket are damaged I think an ultra would be worth spending the money on a new replacement jack. I would not want to use home fix solutions as a final repair.

Back
Top Bottom