axe ultra increased latency over time?

bigdog01

ive had my ultra for several years and it has gotten its very heavy dose of usage over the years from me, also not considering i wasnt the first owner of it either.

my question is if anyone else has noticed an increase in latency over the years of playing thru their ultra or standard? is it just that its aging and a unit like this can only handle so much over time?

im using it both with a power amp/cab and just direct in the interface. no pedals or anything into the front. guitar/cables are not a factor ive tried numerous of each.

latency seems to be more noticable when coming out of the cab for whatever reason but still certainly noticable when direct. the latency isnt unplayable but can certainly enough to be quite distracting for some faster passages.

anyone have a similar experience? anyone have any tips i can try? am i screwed?

any and all feedback is appreciated. thanks in advance.

there should be no increased "latency" due to age of the gear.

you're saying you hit the guitar string and the sound appears to come out late? on all presets?

there should be no increased "latency" due to age of the gear.

you're saying you hit the guitar string and the sound appears to come out late? on all presets?

yes you hear the acoustic sound of the string first before the output of the amp. subtle, but noticeable.

it doesnt appear to be the same delay on all presets. some seem more noticable then others.
i know theres only a maximum the cpu can handle, and it does seem to be more apparent on patches that i use with a cab. my cab patches have more blocks used and more going on... wonder if the latency im experiencing could be a cpu usage thing? thanks for the reply.

Back
Top Bottom